Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to importing...some help please.

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping for some help here. Im entirely new to this but would appreciate some advise.

So I have indentified a product for the upcoming christmas market that I want to bring in from China. Ive spoken in length to the supplier recieved samples and have been very happy with the product. Someone on the ground in China has verified the company for me so Im entirely happy on that end.

I am initally going to import 360 pcs. Without giving away too much its a toy, I have been quoted $8.35 FOB per unit ($3006). Approx weight of shipment is 360kgs.

I understand FOB means the seller puts the order on the ship, from there then its all on me. The thing I want to ask is how much will I have to pay to get the order from the port in Shenzen to Cork?

P.s Im aware of the duty and vat rates I will have to pay but what will be the freight and any other charges?

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

does it have a CE mark, does it conform to all toy trade requirements. Is it electrical (weee licence)

Also, unless you are flying the goods in, it will be 6-7 weeks before you have them especially if its a part load. - That leaves it arriving the week before Christmas.

Or put it this way - I will start planning Christmas 2012 next month to ensure I get all my product delivered on time as delays from china are notorius especially for small shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Thats a fair point there, it normally takes 6 weeks for a container to come from China, if I were you and looking to bring stuff over, you should tlak to someone who imports regularly and see can you get a couple of pallets into one of their containers and split the cost with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Send a pm to this user

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=222187#

Tell him I sent you, he owes me comission at this stage :D

He will be able to give you all the rates and everything else and any advice you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

rob316 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was hoping for some help here. Im entirely new to this but would appreciate some advise.

So I have indentified a product for the upcoming christmas market that I want to bring in from China. Ive spoken in length to the supplier recieved samples and have been very happy with the product. Someone on the ground in China has verified the company for me so Im entirely happy on that end.

I am initally going to import 360 pcs. Without giving away too much its a toy, I have been quoted $8.35 FOB per unit ($3006). Approx weight of shipment is 360kgs.

I understand FOB means the seller puts the order on the ship, from there then its all on me. The thing I want to ask is how much will I have to pay to get the order from the port in Shenzen to Cork?

P.s Im aware of the duty and vat rates I will have to pay but what will be the freight and any other charges?

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob,

In order to assist, please confirm the cubic measurement of the shipment. Also, can your supplier get it to Hong Kong ? May have faster option from there.

Feel free to PM me or post again

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement