Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found blackberry this morning near lidl ardkeen

• 20-10-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭

Pm me about the phone and I will help you get it back to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any specific details on the phone? Scratches etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

I don't want to go into too much detail as its specific enough , I handed it onto third party for safe keeping , this only happened within the hour .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Look in the phonebook for mum or home. Call it, arrange for pickup.

If the phone is dead, take out the battery and see what network its on. Bring it back to them as they will be able to trace the owner. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Why not checked the dialled numbers and see if there's a wife/husband/home number in it like any sensible lemon would do ?

Yes thank you for doh sensible lemon advice lol , I left it to store owner , will ring them this afternoon to see if collected , if not plan b will be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Makes me laugh, this guy goes to the trouble of actually helping someone locate their missing phone - a generous act, and most of you posters here just try and remind him of what he could have done. If he was smart, and honest, enough to take the phone and leave it with a store owner then he will be smart enough to figure out anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Hold on, does no one bother to ring their own phone if they've lost it! lol :D

I would think logging on to boards.ie to see if there phone is there might be down near the end of the list. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Makes me laugh, this guy goes to the trouble of actually helping someone locate their missing phone - a generous act, and most of you posters here just try and remind him of what he could have done. If he was smart, and honest, enough to take the phone and leave it with a store owner then he will be smart enough to figure out anything else.

The owner of the phone may not be on this forum. So its quicker and easier to call someone in the phonebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Sully wrote: »
    The owner of the phone may not be on this forum. So its quicker and easier to call someone in the phonebook.

That would have been the smart thing to do. Owner would most likely have his phone now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Hold on, does no one bother to ring their own phone if they've lost it! lol :D

I would think logging on to boards.ie to see if there phone is there might be down near the end of the list. :pac:

Not to me :)

Anyway, fair to say there is a good chance that there is some kind of passcode/pin to use the phone that would prevent calling out. Fair play OP. Allot oh honesty on the forum lately.

• Advertisement

Right everbody can have a brandy and cigar, owner has called in and collected her pink and white blackberry .Left it sitting on the newspapers in ardkeen superstores.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

decies wrote: »
    Right everbody can have a brandy and cigar, owner has called in and collected her pink and white blackberry .Left it sitting on the newspapers in ardkeen superstores.

*shudder* I'm not so sure anymore that you were doing her a favour :p

fair play though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Pink and white?

Should have hopped it off the wall....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

They taste better out the country. Definitely the time of year for them, so I'm not surprised you found one.

merlante wrote: »
    They taste better out the country. Definitely the time of year for them, so I'm not surprised you found one.

Especially for merlante http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good man decies.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

Well done for getting it back to the owner!

Advertisement