Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobblers RL

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

So, the news everyone has been hoping for, well me anyway, and for that reason, worthy of a new thread in the RL forum. Thought it would be nice to have one which isnt a link to some dodgy site letting you watch the Kick and Clap World Cup Final for free, for those who haven't got a television with RTE and UTV!

Northampton Town Football Club, the Brazil of League Two Football are in talks to sign up a team for the 2013 season of Coop Championship One. Yes, I know, exciting stuff for lots of people (me), hope it comes off (but probably wont).

LINK HERE

Now citizens try to remain calm and carry on with your lives until 2013, that is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spotland

Ireland Students played a memorable match there in 1996 v USA, memorable in that the Americans took spear tackling and diving into knees very seriously and that they returned to Warrington stark naked on the bus and shaved one anothers hair off. Beats dwarf throwing anyday, we returned very quietly with ice-packs on knees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I hope it comes off. It's proving difficult to get clubs to establish though outside the 'heartlands'. Have Northhampton got any RL history such as conference sides?

Edit: http://www.northamptonrl.co.uk/

Seems like they have a decent enough set up at amateur level and maybe they are ready for the step up. Funding through sponsorship might prove difficult though in these frugal times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Northampton have been confirmed as first new team for 2013. Delighted. They will have a tie in with Wakefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Northampton have been confirmed as first new team for 2013. Delighted. They will have a tie in with Wakefield.

So, they have pulled out before they even started. Shame, but there we go. All the work, put in getting badge, name, kit etc all for nought. Waste of time and money then.

Advertisement