Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Slim questions

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I currently have a 360 elite, but I want to get myself one of the new style slims with Kinect, so I have a couple of questions for you's. Hopefully I can get some answers.

Is the slim a lot quieter than the elite? If I'm playing the Elite at night time it can be heard around the house because of the vibrations on the wooden floors. So looking for that to change.

Are the hard drives interchangeable between the 2? Or does it mean I will lose all of the saved games I have on the Elite. Bare in mind I'm not very tech savvy so if it involves having to open either computer it's out of the question.

I got a leaflet in the door yesterday from Harvey Normans, advertising the slim 250 gb with any new release game for €209, is this good value considering I'd then have to buy the Kinect sensor separately?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes it's super quiet!!!!!!!

No hard drives are not interchangeable.

That is a good price.

Do you really want Kinect? Works best with about 10 feet of space, and novelty may wear off sooner rather than later. There are not that many must have games, infact none that I can think of right now, but thats my taste and opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Thanks for that Calex71. The Kinect is mainly for the other half. She enjoys playing the games available with it. And also when the nephews are over it will keep them entertained.

I'd there any way of transferring saved games between the 2 consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I agree the console itself is quiet but the bloody power brick has a fan in in which is audible. Its an annoying whiney sound as opposed to the whooshing sound of the previous console but it is quieter overall. The kinect novelty does indeed wear off even with kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

i got mine recently and i got a hardrive transfer kit from smiths for about a tener and worked a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Can you double check that harvey norman offer isnt for a 4gb xbox? That seems like a great deal if its for the 250gb and I was looking to pick one up this weekend

• Advertisement

Yeah definitely 250gb. I don't know if it's just my local Harvey Norman or all of them but they have a sale this weekend, Friday to Sunday and the price is valid for those days only.

A0D19F20-orig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wow thats a pretty good deal, probably the best ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is that deffinitely the slim? Looks like the elite to me? Or are they one and the same? I still have the old 20gb "premium" console so I'm not really sure. Just noticed it doesn't specifically say 'slim' or 'S' model on the ad.

Out of curiosity, is there any deals on ps3's on that page?

The picture is different to my Elite so I'm presuming it is the slim model.

Nothing about PS3, only Xbox and DSi for €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Did anyone pick this up? Thinking about going in tomorrow

• Advertisement

Yeah I picked it up yesterday. Again I don't know if it is just Harvey Norman in Drogheda that is having this weekend sale or all of them, but it is definitely the 250gb console and I got FIFA 12 with it. The selection of "new" release games is very limited and at first they didn't want to allow FIFA to be part of the deal, but after some bickering and also buying a bed off them yesterday they seen a bit of sense and allowed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

The S in the console does not stand for Slim!

Advertisement