Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight opening for release of BF3 ?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi , anyone know if gamestop's are opening at midnight for release of BF3 ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Better off pre ordering from them, likely to get it the day before release if you pay for express

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

KilOit wrote: »
    Better off pre ordering from them, likely to get it the day before release if you pay for express

i'd be carefull what you say if i were you. What if it doesn't arrive till Monday? He might come and kill you where you sleep.:)

And yes Gamestop are doing midnight launch

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

:( just off phone with Gamestop Clonmel, there not opening for release on Thursday Midnight

Gamestop in Cork are doing a midnight release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kilkenny gamestop have loadsa midnight releases:D this is another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Gamestop in the crescent in Limerick are doing a midnight release too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Damn, why did I preorder in Blanch Shopping Center?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

I pre-ordered BATTLEFIELD 3 in GameStop, Ballina and they're opening midnight so I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

If you got the pre-order from Origin you can unlock it tonight at 4am if you do a bit of VPN fiddling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Just got a call from Gamestop in Waterford saying that the Midnight Launch party starts at 11:30.

I think its a nice touch to have a little celebration and pomp for a game such as Battlefield 3. I know that I have booked a few days off so I can have time to enjoy and relish in a game that I have been waiting for in anticipation.

I know that there'll be people that'll have to work\class\lecture in the morning and it may be tiring and exhausting process.

I'd like to say thanks to the staff of retail outlets (such as Gamestop) that have to have their hours drastically changed to come in and work while we swarm in and grab our copies. Some of these employees maybe desperate to play this game aswell, probably willing us away so that they can go home and play it too. (I worked in a bar and watching all my friends have fun while I worked could be difficult at times).

Thanks to the staff of Gamestop in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Got a call from Gamestop Clonmel yesterday, they are doing a midnight opening, so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RouRouRou

Hey guys does anyone know if GameStop Doanghmede are open at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Forgetting Gamestop for a while, anyone know if the 24 hour Tesco's will be releasing the game come midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

GameStop in carlow is opening for midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Game on Dawson Street. I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Will be there on Dawson Street too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Athlone
    Arklow
    Ballina
    Balbriggan
    Ballincollig
    Bangor
    Belfast Arthur Square
    Blackpool
    Blanchardstown
    Bray
    Carlow
    Castlebar
    Cavan
    Clarehall
    Clonmel
    Crescent
    Derry
    Donahgmede
    Douglas
    Drogheda
    Dun Laoghaire
    Dundalk
    Dungarvan
    Ennis
    Gorey
    Henry St Dublin
    Kilkenny
    Killarney
    Letterkenny
    Longford
    Mallow
    Midleton
    Mullingar
    Naas
    Navan Shopping Centre
    Nenagh
    Newbridge
    Newry
    Parkway
    Patrick St Cork
    Pavilions Swords
    Portlaoise
    Santry
    Sligo
    Stephens Green
    Tallaght
    Tralee
    Tullamore
    Waterford
    Wexford
    William st Limerick
    Wilton Shopping Centre Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Athlone
    Arklow
    Ballina
    Balbriggan
    Ballincollig
    Bangor
    Belfast Arthur Square
    Blackpool
    Blanchardstown
    Bray
    Carlow
    Castlebar
    Cavan
    Clarehall
    Clonmel
    Crescent
    Derry
    Donahgmede
    Douglas
    Drogheda
    Dun Laoghaire
    Dundalk
    Dungarvan
    Ennis
    Gorey
    Henry St Dublin
    Kilkenny
    Killarney
    Letterkenny
    Longford
    Mallow
    Midleton
    Mullingar
    Naas
    Navan Shopping Centre
    Nenagh
    Newbridge
    Newry
    Parkway
    Patrick St Cork
    Pavilions Swords
    Portlaoise
    Santry
    Sligo
    Stephens Green
    Tallaght
    Tralee
    Tullamore
    Waterford
    Wexford
    William st Limerick
    Wilton Shopping Centre Cork
    I think you forgot to say that these Xtravisions are open at midnight. iv mine pre ordered in Dungarvan.

t-9hrs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Is it wrong to hope your overdue pregnant wife holds out for another few days so you can play battlefield over the weekend? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Just to let ye know lads anyone that Downloaded the game from origin the game is Live at the moment and playable on single player and multiplayer on PC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I think you forgot to say that these Xtravisions are open at midnight. iv mine pre ordered in Dungarvan.

These are Gamestop stores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

HMV on Grafton St are open at midnight too.

Do you guys reckon if say someone were to show up to one of these stores tonight, NOT having preordered the game, that they would be able to pick up a copy?

some_dose wrote: »
    Do you guys reckon if say someone were to show up to one of these stores tonight, NOT having preordered the game, that they would be able to pick up a copy?

I haven't pre-ordered, I'm just gonna get my copy tonight. Nowadays pre-orders are just to gauge how many extra copies they should get on top of the usual stock. If you couldn't get it tonight it would mean they don't have any for the people tomorrow. Unless the store has some stupid policy in place where they are only selling pre-orders tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Anyone ehading to Gamestop Tallaght@ 12???

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

These are Gamestop stores.
    whoops....
    Xtravision are open at midnight pretty much all over the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Morpork wrote: »
    I haven't pre-ordered, I'm just gonna get my copy tonight. Nowadays pre-orders are just to gauge how many extra copies they should get on top of the usual stock. If you couldn't get it tonight it would mean they don't have any for the people tomorrow. Unless the store has some stupid policy in place where they are only selling pre-orders tonight.

Thats true but in fairness I was in gamestop paying off the last fiver today and the price instore now is €39.99 whereas mine was €34.97 and I only ordered it 2 weeks ago (unlike my mate who preordered on origin to be charged €49.99 and then to find out it wasnt released on origin on the 25th but midnight tonight like the stores so he paid an additional €15 for the priviledge) :D

I think most 24 hour Tesco stores are releasing at midnight too (after a bitta research)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I will be at the wilton shopping center one :D

• Advertisement

You guys know the price in Tesco? They have some very odd prices on their games. Old games still priced at €69.99.

Advertisement