Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog knocked down and killed instantly in st annes yesterday :(

• 20-10-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

a lil labrador..

how terrible..
    :(

and its not the drivers fault..
    as 'the dog had no lead on'

:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

shakencat wrote: »
    a lil labrador..

how terrible..
    :(

and its not the drivers fault..
    as 'the dog had no lead on'

:mad::mad:

Did it happen inside or outside the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Inside, near the red stables../cafe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is that the same or different to this one? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056426236 In Sutton yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

star-pants wrote: »
    Is that the same or different to this one? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056426236 In Sutton yesterday

Star-pants , would have been different as the dog that I withnessed getting knocked down was a 3 Year old Whippit.

Jesus, I always keep my dog on a lead no matter what even when I do let him off I never take the lead off him. He runs around the park with the lead attached to him so if he start to run off I have a better chance of getting him.

But still it's risky business letting dogs off the lead when there is any type of moving traffic around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thanks, I wasn't sure I'd skimmed through the thread (internet access is gone so I've been half on mobile). That's even worse that there has been two dogs to lose their lives :(

Even when walking my dogs on a lead, if they spot something and dart (especially if you have more than one dog, so your hands/eyes are busy) it can take you by surprise just as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

most people have there dogs off leads in st annes,
    its a known area for where people go...

you cant base it on the owners fault for her not having the dog on a lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems to be a sudden spike in traffic collisions with pets recently. :(

It's probably down the changing light. November is statistically the worst month for cyclist and pedestrian deaths and injuries - the clocks have gone back, people are just getting used to it, there are more people around at dawn and dusk (the hardest times to see).

So I wouldn't be surprised if the number of animals injured also spikes in November. Just keep this in the back of your mind while you're out walking (or indeed driving), and maybe think twice about letting your dog off lead near any roads, even if it is just outside your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That's dreadful. It must have been DCC staff - was it? Noone is allowed to JR driving around there bar the dog warden people . It would be just appalling if that was done by them; would raise a lot of questions.
    That area is always terribly busy wih pedestrians and flooded wih little toddlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That's dreadful. It must have been DCC staff - was it? Noone is allowed to JR driving around there bar the dog warden people . It would be just appalling if that was done by them on purpose . some of them are dreadful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

thats horrible to hear :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement