Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Found a set of keys on the quay

• 20-10-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Another lost & found thread :D

I found a set of house keys between the Clock tower and the Crane about 15 mins ago. I dropped them into the security kiosk so if you know who owns them head over to there.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Did you not think of finding the car and leaving them in it for god sake?!?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Op did you not think of googling the serial number on your blackberry , then finding the garage where it was bought , get the persons address and personally deliver the keys ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

GOD JEEZE OP.

YOU'RE SO TERRIBLE FOR NOT GOING COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR WAY TO FIND THE OWNER!!!!!!!

Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Yeah OP you should have tried to force that house key into every car on the quay to find the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I lost my house. I still have the keys though. Keep an eye out for a pebbledashed house with a merc in the driveway will ya.

Fair play to ya op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

seanybiker wrote: »
    I lost my house.

Did you check your pockets?

Did you check your pockets?

Can't. Lost me arms aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I just hope the owner is more grateful than the owner of the Nokia N series mobile phone (worth around €600) that I found on a path in a park one afternoon a bit over a year ago. It was still switched on and had an Internet connection. I managed to find the address book and called a few people until I found someone who said he thought he knew who the owner was and promised to contact him. Eventually the owner called me and arranged to collect the phone. He arrived, thanked me profusely, told me it was a company phone and that it contained a lot of valuable data. Then he slapped down a €10 note on the table and departed.

Given that by law in that country I was entitled to 10% of the value of any property found (although I would not have accepted anything on principle), I was rather surprised at such tight-fistedness.

The great irony is that only the same forenoon I had bought a new Samsung dual-SIM phone.

I'll know better the next time I find anything valuable.:rolleyes:

If it was a company phone he probably paid nothing for it so 10% of nothing is absolutely nothing. Be grateful you got the tenner and don't be complaining about it then saying you wouldn't take anymore anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I just hope the owner is more grateful than the owner of the Nokia N series mobile phone (worth around €600) that I found on a path in a park one afternoon a bit over a year ago. It was still switched on and had an Internet connection. I managed to find the address book and called a few people until I found someone who said he thought he knew who the owner was and promised to contact him. Eventually the owner called me and arranged to collect the phone. He arrived, thanked me profusely, told me it was a company phone and that it contained a lot of valuable data. Then he slapped down a €10 note on the table and departed.

Given that by law in that country I was entitled to 10% of the value of any property found (although I would not have accepted anything on principle), I was rather surprised at such tight-fistedness.

The great irony is that only the same forenoon I had bought a new Samsung dual-SIM phone.

LOL. If I found a phone and returned it to someone I wouldn't be expecting money off them, a simple "thank you" would be enough. You should do that kind of thing out of the good of your heart, not for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Given that by law in that country I was entitled to 10%
    I lost my house.

I can't wait till I find that house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

There was nothing much I could do, I looked around for 5 minutes thinking maybe the owner is near by but there was nobody really. So I thought dropping it to the security place would be the best.
    I was hardly going to take them home with me :p. They really should have put their address on the "name and address" keyring.

If its not Phones and Keys is bloody lost cats on this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Be honest, what did you expect as a reward?

Boooourns wrote: »
    Be honest, what did you expect as a reward?

Eleven hundred and fiddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Eleven hundred and fiddy

Would be great if rap stars were a currency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

when I was a child I found a wedding ring on the path and returned it to the owner. He gave me a 1 pound reward. I was absolutely thrilled with that amount, I felt rich! :pac:

I wouldn't expect a reward for finding anything lost these days really. I think the feeling of just doing a nice deed is good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

cocoshovel wrote: »
    when I was a child I found a wedding ring on the path and returned it to the owner. He gave me a 1 pound reward. I was absolutely thrilled with that amount, I felt rich! :pac:

I wouldn't expect a reward for finding anything lost these days really. I think the feeling of just doing a nice deed is good enough

Brilliant, Next time you are returning something you found, give it to me and I'll return it and claim the reward, and you'll have done two good deeds. ;)

It's win-win. :D

EDIT: Actually, it's win-win-win. Nice.

Advertisement