Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in a Tech Startup Accelerator Program?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm interested in the tech startup scene big time and I've been considering applying for a place on one of the startup accelerator programs for a while now. The problem is that most of them require a team of 2-3 members usually consisting of a designer, a developer and a hustler (marketing maven)

While I've worked on 1 or 2 startup projects to date they have all been part time where all team members (including myself) have been working in full-time employment. This of course has it's limitations when it comes to time commitment etc. An accelerator program typically lasts 3 months and if your lucky enough to get on one you get mentoring, office space & some seed capital to cover living & development costs during this period. During the 3 month incubation period teams are expected to develop and launch a minimun viable product and pitch it to a room of investors.

I'm interested in finding out if there are others in a similar position to me i.e. your a designer, developer or online marketing guy/gal interested in the startup & startup accelerator scene (maybe you have an idea or maybe you just want to apply your expertise and be involved in early stage startup) I'm a designer. I've got ideas in both the web/mobile space which I'm hacking away at bit by bit. If your a developer or tech entrepreneur looking to join a team or indeed your looking for a designer to join your team and your interested in applying for an accelerator program.....shoot me a PM!

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Hi OP,

Are you a developer? Do you have a specific business in mind or general ideas?

I was in a similar position six months ago and am now commercial lead in a team of 5 - 3 devs & a web-designer. We are always looking for new talented devs that want to take a risk on a start-up.

Kind Rgds,
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 foundertobe

@youbuylocal I'm a designer (front end) HTML5 & CSS

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul1

Did you ever find any people interested???

Advertisement