Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed regarding bank a/c setup for sole trader

Options
  • 20-10-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for you feeling on the following. I have registered as a sole trader and will have two websites under two seperate business names registered. Normally I would use a trading as account for one of the business names but with two i'm wondering as to what would be the best approach. Make two trading as accounts?

Should I register a third business name and just use that as my trading account and have all cheques made out to that for both?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Swampy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for you feeling on the following. I have registered as a sole trader and will have two websites under two seperate business names registered. Normally I would use a trading as account for one of the business names but with two i'm wondering as to what would be the best approach. Make two trading as accounts?

Should I register a third business name and just use that as my trading account and have all cheques made out to that for both?

Thanks.

I would keep them seperate if possible for ease of book keeping unless there was going to be a very small amount of transactions.

Advertisement