Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom POP3 is slow - this is systematic problem

Options
  • 20-10-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

Right now I experience the same issue as quite a few posters in the other threads:

POP3 connection is extremely slow and times out if accessed from desktop mail client.
    Web mail is working fine.
    Issuing POP3 commands manually shows significant pause after PASS command, it will say OK at the end but with very significant delay.
    It works fine for other account at the same time, the only difference is that slow account is upgraded to new webmail interface and good one is not upgraded.
    Rest of the settings are exactly same.

Being eircom broadband customer for years I use eircom mail as my primary e-mail, it is not a first time this e-mail has slowness problem, but this time it probably just reached tipping point for me.

To eircom representative on this boards:
    Your e-mail has systematic problem, it showing up time to time for years, please get some senior tech person to look at your servers, it is not just single account problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

McSim wrote: »
    Hi,

Right now I experience the same issue as quite a few posters in the other threads:

POP3 connection is extremely slow and times out if accessed from desktop mail client.
    Web mail is working fine.
    Issuing POP3 commands manually shows significant pause after PASS command, it will say OK at the end but with very significant delay.
    It works fine for other account at the same time, the only difference is that slow account is upgraded to new webmail interface and good one is not upgraded.
    Rest of the settings are exactly same.

Being eircom broadband customer for years I use eircom mail as my primary e-mail, it is not a first time this e-mail has slowness problem, but this time it probably just reached tipping point for me.

To eircom representative on this boards:
    Your e-mail has systematic problem, it showing up time to time for years, please get some senior tech person to look at your servers, it is not just single account problem.

Hi McSim,

Thank you for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Have you reported your email problem to eircom's Technical Support? If not then I can ask Technical Support to look into this for you.

Technical Support will require your eircom Email address and relevant information which they can use to investigate this further..
    They will need any examples and specific information, particularly on what third party email client you're using. If you have other application(s) running on your computer(s), for e.g : anti-virus or firewall(s), etc. As well if you could provide any further relevant information which will help them to investigate further.

You've advised that you have no problems using your eircom email with eircom's Webmail service, and this may be a problem directly related with the email client accessing the pop server.

eircom Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

If you provide me, or PM, with this information I can also follow this up with Technical Support. They are the primary source for technical issues and it is very important that you do provide Technical Support with relevant information, so that they can help on this issue.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement