Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LED bulbs

• 20-10-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

I've posted this on the motors forum, but got no replies! It does have relevance here too though, so hope it is ok with the mods? :rolleyes:

I'd be interested in replacing bulbs in cattle trailer with led equivalents. Are there lads on here running them? I know you can get specific led light fittings, but I'm talking about LED bulbs with bayonet fittings like these that simply replace the conventional bulb...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnWodMTf-jCRgHeRNEm9Jdv9UTWUSg8xGGj-k4xhP_yexwsWKMiq1Mzw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCrNaGciOAZLXYtnEzspHP4Lro3Q2_6utSLK1MDzaTpQdExSAvzL4Y5aE

I see alot of cattle trailers with LED lights on the back the last while and they seem a great job. Very bright light that really stands out

So is anyone using these? Are there good and bad makes/types? Are they a success?

thanks in advance

Muckit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I have used them a few times on cars and in the home.. the household ones use alot less power..

one advantage in a car is that they don't blow like the old filament bulbs, so less chance of getting a fine for a faulty tail light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Do you mind me asking you are they easily got? Where did you get yours? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

my local auto electrician has them in stock and makes up makes up magnetic trailer boards, I saw them on ebay and they were very pricey,

I remember reading some where that some of them caused problems with the flasher units in certain vehicles but this was over come by fitting an inline rectifier:confused:, or maybe that should be relay seeing that it's dc

don't have any experience my self

edit

might be worth watching this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/led-trailer-light-pair-36-36Leds-5m-cable-plug-/150680258371?pt=UK_Trailers_Transporters_Parts&hash=item23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

just go the full hog and get a full sealed LED rear lights, job done until you smash them off

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mf690

Best to buy full set of lights. I've changed bulbs like you are thinking of doing and it's the light fittings that rust /rot out. The LED light fitting are more expensive but are fully waterproof and more robust. I've changed Horse box and bail trailer and over two summers and a winter have had no bother with them. If you are prone to damaging lights you can always add extra protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

do a search on farmingfourm.co.uk using google search down the bottom.

read on there that the indicator on the dash doesnt flash cos not enough power going back or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Any one else have anything good or bad to say about LED trailer lights, thinking of buying them somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

LED replacement bulbs - not worth the bother or cost - you will have problems somewhere along the line and end up replacing the lamp unit anyway.

Replace the complete rear cluster with LED units like these. Simple - no issues
    Available from any tractor dealer / agri shop country wide selling Sparex Parts

24401_pic1.jpg
    24400_pic1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

kingstown wrote: »
    LED replacement bulbs - not worth the bother or cost - you will have problems somewhere along the line and end up replacing the lamp unit anyway.

Replace the complete rear cluster with LED units like these. Simple - no issues
    Available from any tractor dealer / agri shop country wide selling Sparex Parts

24401_pic1.jpg
    24400_pic1.jpg

Need new lights for the cattle trailer - how much for these and do i need to wire into existing cable or will it come wired with socket andeverything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

tipp man

go to your nearest agri stores / tractor dealer / parts stores - there are loads of them in Tipperary and ask for the LED rear lamps 12v S.24401 or 24v S.24400 and they will tell you the price in seconds inc or ex VAT........

• Advertisement
Advertisement