Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wiggle Clearance Offers

• 20-10-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So I am watching this bike on wiggle and last week it went to 40% off, taking it down to about E900 delivered. I thinks to myself this is an excellent deal.... but I get greedy. I wait another wee while until it drops another bit. Could this bike possibly go to 50% off? Well... no, because this week it is back to a poxy 20% off. It's still marked as clearance though. I notice they change the % discount on the bikes quite frequently. Does anyone know what the deal is with that? I guess what I am trying to ask is will that bike go back to 40% off or even further?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Satanta wrote: »
    Hi all

So I am watching this bike on wiggle and last week it went to 40% off, taking it down to about E900 delivered. I thinks to myself this is an excellent deal.... but I get greedy. I wait another wee while until it drops another bit. Could this bike possibly go to 50% off? Well... no, because this week it is back to a poxy 20% off. It's still marked as clearance though. I notice they change the % discount on the bikes quite frequently. Does anyone know what the deal is with that? I guess what I am trying to ask is will that bike go back to 40% off or even further?

is that on the pricedrop ?

i noticed a jacket do that and then it went back on a week later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Mail them and say you saw it at 40% and want to buy it but went it and it changed, tell them you will take it if they allow you the offer again.

A bird in the hand and all that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

BH bike by any chance? I had my eye on that myself. ;)

After it moved to only 20% off I went for the Focus Cayo instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

VR46 wrote: »
    BH bike by any chance? I had my eye on that myself. ;)

After it moved to only 20% off I went for the Focus Cayo instead.

A friend of mine was looking at that BH bike also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Yeah... the Speedrom. Looks good.

Hopefuly it'll be reapplied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I saw both it and the moser 111 105 reduced by 40% and went for the moser. Bought it tuesday and it arrived on friday....absolutley delighted with it.

A tip though: buy it through sterling as the exchange rate given by the credit card company is better than the one wiggle use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Kav0777 wrote: »
    A tip though: buy it through sterling as the exchange rate given by the credit card company is better than the one wiggle use.

As I understand it, wiggle's (and anybody else in the UK's) euro price is only an estimate. They'll charge your credit card in sterling and the credit card will do the exchange.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cdaly_ wrote: »
    As I understand it, wiggle's (and anybody else in the UK's) euro price is only an estimate. They'll charge your credit card in sterling and the credit card will do the exchange.
    I always take the sterling option - they have to tell you the price you are paying, not an estimate

From their T&C:

What currency will I pay for my order in?
    • You will pay for your order in the currency displayed on the order confirmation page. This excludes Japanese Yen*.
    • The price displayed when you confirm your order will be the price you pay when your order is processed and will not change.
    • This amount will be charged to your credit/debit card / PayPal account in the currency displayed
    • VAT is automatically included for destination countries in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

@ cdaly - you may be right, but when i've bought from wiggle in euro previously i thought i was billed the euro price quoted. Having said that with smaller purchases the difference probably isn't noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

that Speedrom is €1299 in the Eurocycles sale,not a bad price for a local bike shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement