Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C - Electric Waltz

• 20-10-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

07a914e42cae8f2f60c9cf8f920a7097.jpg

<snip>. havent posted here in a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

looking for feedback is one thing .... touting for votes .... very different thing altogether.

I like the hazy atmosphere - but it doesnt look like anything other than an image which accidentally has flare and a couple holding each other/dancing...no life in the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

PCPhoto wrote: »
    touting for votes
    snipped out the url. just after the feedback. i dont think it's a vote based contest anyway.
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    no life in the pic
    is it the photo or the subject? I thought it was a nice moment

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's a nice shot and a great moment to capture.
    However everyone else in the image is looking the other way which detracts from the moment a bit. Might work better it were framed differently to as to reduce some of those people of the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

5uspect wrote: »
    It's a nice shot and a great moment to capture.
    However everyone else in the image is looking the other way which detracts from the moment a bit. Might work better it were framed differently to as to reduce some of those people of the left.

I know what you mean, but i kinda thought the fact that no-one was paying attention to them almost added to it a bit. there's no crop on it currently, so the only option would be to maybe crop to portrait orientation, but that would mean losing the nice 'golden hour' haze.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I cant put my finger on it - dont know why it doesn't appeal completely to me.

maybe as 5uspect says - the fact others in the pic seem to be focussing their attention elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

That style of photo wouldn't be my cup of tea but I like that everyone is looking the other way, it adds to it for me and makes the moment more special and intimate - even in a busy public place they're having a private moment with just the two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It's a nice moment captured, i'd have to disagree with the comments about people looking the other way. I like it that everyone else is paying attention to the act on stage yet the couple only have eyes for each other. I wouldn't crop them out as they add context to the shot, otherwise it's just a couple dancing. Apart from that maybe it's a bit too bright and could be a little warmer?

Advertisement