Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galvin flakes the head off Callan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He's a complete spa and child. More annoying but unsurprising is RTE embracing him and giving him lots of airtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Carstuck wrote: »
    I think Callan is by far one of the best impersonators going. Can't see how Galvin can't take a bit of a laugh!

His imperonations are good but his work lacks the charm of Rosenstock and frequently decends into being needlessly nasty or lame cringe inducing innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    actually most people involved with GAA think he's a thug, and he's hardly typical anymore considering he writes a fashion column

Oh, and he doesn't teach anymore either

I don`t think he`s a thug just a bit nuts and a very good footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Why is Paul always so angry?? He has an almighty chip on his shoulder for someone who leads quite a nice life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

He got fired for trowing a duster at a student and i think the parents should sue him for that.
    I hope Callan takes him to the cleaners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I hope Callan takes him to the cleaners.

Meh, the guy makes a living ripping the piss out of people, it was sure to bite him in the ass at some stage and he couldn't talk his way out of it when confronted in person. Fair play to Galvin on this one I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Galvin Klein strikes again

marxcoo wrote: »
    Why is Paul always so angry?? He has an almighty chip on his shoulder for someone who leads quite a nice life.

You can only expect a pig to grunt

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

orourkeda wrote: »
    Galvin Klein strikes again
    I'd say someone has a sore arse so..

• Advertisement

I'd say someone has a sore arse so..

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Last year Mr Galvin hit the headlines after accidentally striking a pupil with a duster in the classroom.

XD, hilarious.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Who?
    Who ever Galvin got his hands on and flute in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Is this just a storm in a tea cup or was there more than handbags in it? Remember Callinan has history with Rosenstock, but that was handbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

not surprised he went for callan, the amount of p*** takes callan has done on galvin , something like this was bound to happen if they bumped into each other which obviously happened the other night

not surprised he went for callan, the amount of p*** takes callan has done on galvin , something like this was bound to happen if they bumped into each other which obviously happened the other night
    It sounds to me like someone can't take a joke, plus the fact, is it ok to hit someone for something they said now??. Galvin is a peace of sh!te anyway i'd love to see him get locked up, he's a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, kind of like the Rooney off GAA..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Galvin flakes the head off Callan

So he has dandruff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He's a complete spa and child. More annoying but unsurprising is RTE embracing him and giving him lots of airtime.
    Galvin or Callen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

finisklin wrote: »
    Is this just a storm in a tea cup or was there more than handbags in it? Remember Callinan has history with Rosenstock, but that was handbags.
    Its a PR stunt.

Who is Callinan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

krudler wrote: »
    wonder which couture handbag Galvin was wearing that night

'Galvin for Men'.

men's fashion in Tullamore (heard it on the radio)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

krudler wrote: »
    wonder which couture handbag Galvin was wearing that night

'Galvin for Men'.

men's fashion in Tullamore (heard it on the radio)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going by this report it all seems to be a thing of noting,storm in a tea cup,handbags at dawn kinda stuff :)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-probe-gaa-star-galvinrsquos-pub-bustup-with-rte-impersonator-oliver-callan-2913194.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    If the guy is homosexual and plays GAA, then he is, by definition, a gay GAA player! How is it an insult?

When did he ever say he was gay?

I really don't think he's homosexual and if he was big deal. It ain't soccer we're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

lot of jelous people out there. Paul Galvin does things his way, he doesnt giv a ****e what anyone thinks, he's got one life and he's living it his way. I admire him for it. As for Callinan, he deserves a good bating. Rock on Paul, your a fcukin legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

duchalla wrote: »
    lot of jelous people out there. Paul Galvin does things his way, he doesnt giv a ****e what anyone thinks, he's got one life and he's living it his way. I admire him for it. As for Callinan, he deserves a good bating. Rock on Paul, your a fcukin legend!!

Hi Paul!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

This sounds like a great two-birds-with-one-stone opportunity- they're a pair of eejits.

Hi Paul. :pac:

Edit: Beaten to it!

Well he must give a sh!te what people think if he's getting into fights with people that take the piss out of him.. He's a bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

GAA should use Galvin in the Compromise Rules Series vs the Aussies. He'd certainly find plenty of targets there and most of them would hit back. At the very least it would liven up that non-event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

punk77 wrote: »
    GAA should use Galvin in the Compromise Rules Series vs the Aussies. He'd certainly find plenty of targets there and most of them would hit back. At the very least it would liven up that non-event.

And give the aussies some of their own medicine....

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Has anyone even read the article? Politicians who were there said there was nothing but a bit of shoving, yet Callan felt the need to call the Gardai. One of the papers this morning suggested that Callan was doing his Galvin impersonation at the top of his voice in the pub while Galvin was having a drink with a friend.

I'm no fan of Paul Galvin, but Callan is an awful smug git. Some of his impersonations are good in that they're accurate, but so unfunny and a nasty edge to them. I'd find it hard not to slap him myself if I was in his company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

c_man wrote: »
    When did he ever say he was gay?

I really don't think he's homosexual and if he was big deal. It ain't soccer we're talking about.

Someone in the thread said they heard he was gay. Someone else seemed to think "gay" was meant as an insult, I was just clarifying that the initial post refered to homosexuality, not an insult.

When you said "soccer" you did mean "U.S. Armed forces" didn't you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I was thinking what is the GAA community's gripe with this man, is it strictly a case of casual sporstwear or bust. fashionista; hipster

until I saw the inside of yesterdays herald. the man looked like a gay faun on the pull skinny jeans r for skinny people alright :/ not having my old stretchies tainted by these new phenomenon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That fish hook galvin did on another player is just disgusting. He is a thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Galvin was dead right to give that tool oliver Callan a clip after the way he portrayed him on his radio clip last week on radio 1.
    At the end of the day galvin is only a gaa player studyimg in college and earning a few pound out of a bit of journalism on the side. Its ok for him to take the piss out of mega rich celebs like ronan keating and roy keane but at then end of the day galvin is only a normal fella who happens to have a different fashion sense to the majority of us.

Callam was just being a smug git that he is trying to be the great man making a skit of galvin in front of him and what was galvin supposed to do. Sit there and watch this fat wannabe c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Stinicker wrote: »
    Galvin is a legend, people think he is Gay when is about as gay as David Norris is straight, you can have a sense of style and not be gay you know.
    :D
    And here lies the problem, Galvin has absolutely no sense of style whatsoever, he well and truly defines the word hipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Two pr!cks of the highest order. I've no sympathy for for Galvin or Callan in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He's a ****ing clown, and a handbag wearing clown at that. Does living life his way mean he gets to assault people half his size? He's a thoroughbred cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He really does look like Peter Sutcliffe. :D

I don't know anything else about him, but I do not find his style attractive - too effeminate and poncey. I don't think that means he's likely to be gay though, that's a total misconception. Plenty of straight guys dress poncily (use sunbeds and all that sh1te) and act really macho (although I know a lot of the gay jibes here are just a bit of joking around).

I'm not pushed about Oliver Callan though - he got his big break on Gift Grub, and when RTE poached him, he brought some of the quirks that had originated on Gift Grub (e.g. the Roy Keane laugh) with him. That's just cringey.
    lot of jelous people out there.
    Why are they automatically jealous? Are you automatically jealous so of all the celebs you dislike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyoJqNv6uJIPyOA_WfeefEJSJgoj6pXty20tKgXwkrH0HjTliHmStGKg

I cannot delete this from my mind...I cannot believe somebody actually wore that ****e.

Galvin is a legend, people think he is Gay when is about as gay as David Norris is straight, you can have a sense of style and not be gay you know. Galvin is one of the best footballers to ever grace the field and that little gob****e callan is a pain in the ass and can't even impersonate people properly either. If he has hooked up with a Seoige then more power to him! Down in Kerry we tend to confront jackass's like this and not wimper away from it, nothing like a good bar scrap if you ask me.

galvin is a dick and this isn't helped is that YOU in kerry indulge him to much. I read (think it was the indo online) today that he shoved a tub of curry chips in a garda's face but no charges were brought. **** that. In normal society you be given a hiding in the station or a day in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I was thinking what is the GAA community's gripe with this man, is it strictly a case of casual sporstwear or bust. fashionista; hipster

until I saw the inside of yesterdays herald. the man looked like a gay faun on the pull skinny jeans r for skinny people alright :/ not having my old stretchies tainted by these new phenomenon

I hate seeing his fat little shetland pony legs squeezed into the skinny jeans.

For someone who's apparently into clothes it seems like he doesn't know what a mirror is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Watch out,Oliver,Bertie is looking for ya now and he's gonna give ya a WHIP ROUND da ears.

Anyone else notice that the fifth picture in the linked article is of Charlie Bird modelling this years gay man about town look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

leonidas83 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-probe-alleged-pub-scrap-involving-paul-galvin-and-merciless-mimic-oliver-callan-2912829.html

That Galvin is some lunatic, id say he suffers from anger management issues, fair play tho:)

he is a very rare species, not sure if he is a homo or straight... serious anger issues, weird tatoos, weird clothes...boring as f**k.

he should be frozen and examined by scientists in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

WHO THE **** ARE THESE PEOPLE?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I heard green tea today and Callan give Galvin a tough run of it. Very funny. Galvin is not going to win when Callan has this platform.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_greentea.xml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Galvin is a legend, people think he is Gay when is about as gay as David Norris is straight, you can have a sense of style and not be gay you know. Galvin is one of the best footballers to ever grace the field and that little gob****e callan is a pain in the ass and can't even impersonate people properly either. If he has hooked up with a Seoige then more power to him! Down in Kerry we tend to confront jackass's like this and not wimper away from it, nothing like a good bar scrap if you ask me.

Lol!
    http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00975/galvin3_RL_975636t.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Paparazzo wrote: »

I don't think he is gay but he certainly could do with a size bigger than he is wearing in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

woodoo wrote: »
    I don't think he is gay but he certainly could do with a size bigger than he is wearing in that photo.

That's actually him??! I thought that was the guy taking the piss out of him! I've seen homeless people better dressed than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

That's actually him??! I thought that was the guy taking the piss out of him! I've seen homeless people better dressed than that.

He looks a little Napoleanic.

Red Hand wrote: »
    He looks a little Napoleanic.

He looks a little Christy Brown-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

He looks a little Christy Brown-ish.

In what way?

• Advertisement
Advertisement