Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galvin flakes the head off Callan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Anyone just see Callan on the Saturday Night show?

That Callan is a little rat, and I wouldn't be Galvins biggest fan
    Slags him unmercifully, which is his job fair enough, and then says "with an apology this can all go away" for a handbags incident

He couldn't even be the bigger man and rise above it, he adds fuel to the fire then suggests he's owed an apology

Absolute tosser in my honest opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Callan's piss take of Galvin on The Saturday Night Show is red flag to a bull for Galvin. Very cutting and raw......wouldn't like to be Callan in a dark alley with Galvin. This isn't going to defuse the situation....HTF does Galvin put up with b*lls*it and p*sst*kers like this fool.

Way too cutting and to the bone. He's digging a big hole for himself.

Is some of his skits not libelous? The Gay Mitchell 87 in his family orange for a Xmas present and cutting it into 87 pieces was way OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

god but i think this callan fella needs a kick up the backside, not sure of what happened with mario (money maby?)but this nob nation is just a very cheap knock off of giftgrub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Paparazzo wrote: »

....for decades I've been saying I've no sense of style whatsoever. Them days is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Here, we could have some fun here...

(We're all going to get beaten up.... I know it....)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

LOL @ the over reaction to Galvin getting in a scuffle in a pub. Quality footballer and does his own thing, doesn't really give a phuck what people think about him.

Having said that I think he looks ridiculous in those pictures, that is one funny dress sense. I think people don't like him because he dresses like a gnome and he comes across as arrogant. Haters gonna hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Anyone just see Callan on the Saturday Night show?

That Callan is a little rat, and I wouldn't be Galvins biggest fan
    Slags him unmercifully, which is his job fair enough, and then says "with an apology this can all go away" for a handbags incident

He couldn't even be the bigger man and rise above it, he adds fuel to the fire then suggests he's owed an apology

Absolute tosser in my honest opinion

He is owed an apology. You can't go around assaulting someone just because you disagree with them.

Should Bertie slap him, or Norris, or Vincent Brown or any of the others. He earns his living like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Red Hand wrote: »
    In what way?

The over-concentrated facial expression.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

woodoo wrote: »
    He is owed an apology. You can't go around assaulting someone just because you disagree with them.

Should Bertie slap him, or Norris, or Vincent Brown or any of the others. He earns his living like that.

Was he assaulted? Handbags according to a labour politician there, a few heated words
    He shouldn't have done it though

Owed an apology, yes. But then slagging the sh*t out of someone and asking for an apology? Rat like behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Haha, what a legend

• Advertisement

Owed an apology, yes. But then slagging the sh*t out of someone and asking for an apology? Rat like behavior

Yeah it should have been one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Does Galvin play grab ass, or football??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

He is owed precisely f*ck all.

He earns a living from mocking people and then when one of his victims reacts angrily he deserves an apology...

He does in his bollix.

Callan is a snide little weasel.

It's a small country and if he can't take the consequences from offending people he should get into a new line of work.

It's a sad state of affairs where the piss-taker gets a free ride while the achiever just has to put up with it.

mossyc123 wrote: »
    He is owed precisely f*ck all.

He earns a living from mocking people and then when one of his victims reacts angrily he deserves an apology...

He does in his bollix.

Callan is a snide little weasel.

It's a small country and if he can't take the consequences from offending people he should get into a new line of work.

It's a sad state of affairs where the piss-taker gets a free ride while the achiever just has to put up with it.

If he assaulted him he was wrong.

It was the wrong move as it's only getting Callan more publicity but morally is it wrong to hit someone who is publicly mocking you?

I don't think so... Why should anyone have to stand for getting the piss ripped out of them?!

It was the wrong move as it's only getting Callan more publicity but morally is it wrong to hit someone who is publicly mocking you?

I don't think so... Why should anyone have to stand for getting the piss ripped out of them?!

Yes is the short answer.

Callan is a mimic he takes the piss out of politicians too.

Yes is the short answer.

Callan is a mimic he takes the piss out of politicians too.

Galvin is an Amateur Sportsman and Student.

Hardly "fair game" to the same level as a Politician.

Mimicry is a delicate art that requires a bit of class and Callan evidently has none... taking the piss and not being able to deal with the consequences shows him up as immature and cowardly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

True but his wording is atrocious. Comes across as more of a threat rather than extending the olive branch.

He comes across as an egotistical little runt in my opinion, no wonder he got a couple of smacks.

The Sunday Indo had this all over it today.....

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/comicrsquos-gay-skit-was-excruciating-complains-galvin-2914237.html

Then only thing is the piece,opinion was given before the Saturday night show aired. I reckon Galvin won't be offering any apology at this stage. He'll knock his block off if he gets his hands Callan, the little bollix.

The daft thing is that Galvin writes for the Indo and Bren O'Connor is the host of the Saturday nite show :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

For a man who writes a fashion column, he can't dress for ****. But having said that, I don't like Callan's impersonations- there's a difference between having a laugh and having a laugh at someone's expense.

Mario Rosenstock for example often has the real people on that he impersonates, they get a laugh out of it and aren't offended.

finisklin wrote: »
    The Sunday Indo had this all over it today.....

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/comicrsquos-gay-skit-was-excruciating-complains-galvin-2914237.html

Then only thing is the piece,opinion was given before the Saturday night show aired. I reckon Galvin won't be offering any apology at this stage. He'll knock his block off if he gets his hands Callan, the little bollix.

The daft thing is that Galvin writes for the Indo and Bren O'Connor is the host of the Saturday nite show :rolleyes:

I felt sorry for Galvin reading that article. He was in the house with his parents listening to it all.

Maybe Callen could tone it down a bit and leave out the unfounded gay jibes.

The moody fashionista is funny and fair game i think though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

jive wrote: »
    LOL @ the over reaction to Galvin getting in a scuffle in a pub. Quality footballer and does his own thing, doesn't really give a phuck what people think about him.

Having said that I think he looks ridiculous in those pictures, that is one funny dress sense. I think people don't like him because he dresses like a gnome and he comes across as arrogant. Haters gonna hate.

He obviously does

All jokes aside if he really is riding Seoige then he is a lucky b*****d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Galvin is an Amateur Sportsman and Student.

Hardly "fair game" to the same level as a Politician.

Mimicry is a delicate art that requires a bit of class and Callan evidently has none... taking the piss and not being able to deal with the consequences shows him up as immature and cowardly IMO.

As a Cork man it pains me to be on the side of one Paul Galvin but this post sums to up perfectly as far as I am concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If Galvin did assault him then Callan has ruined any case that he might have by discussing it on television

Last nights little performance just emphasised that while the man is a talented mimic his work is too mean spirited and over personal to be enjoyable. He's a classless, less talented and less original version of Rosenstock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Seoige needs to go to specsavers if she is dating the flat nosed scruff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Paparazzo wrote: »
    He obviously does

Why? Cause someone mimics him? That doesn't reflect what Callan thinks about him. Maybe he doesn't like people taking the piss out of him. Maybe Galvin is, in fact, a human.

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the RTE canteen wall when Callan and Seoige are in there at the same time. If looks could kill, I'm sure the ice queen will get her man i.e. Callan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

leonidas83 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-probe-alleged-pub-scrap-involving-paul-galvin-and-merciless-mimic-oliver-callan-2912829.html

That Galvin is some lunatic, id say he suffers from anger management issues, fair play tho:)
    Gardai probe alleged pub scrap involving Paul Galvin and merciless mimic Oliver Callan

Lol. 'Mimic the Merciless'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

finisklin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind being a fly on the RTE canteen wall when Callan and Seoige are in there at the same time. If looks could kill, I'm sure the ice queen will get her man i.e. Callan!

Ice queen my pipe. She simply has the personality of a potted plant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Stinicker wrote: »
    nothing like a good bar scrap if you ask me.

I'd say you're always in the thick of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

me bolly wrote: »
    Ice queen my pipe. She simply has the personality of a potted plant

but you'd still give her one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

TheZohan wrote: »
    So he allegedly beat up Oliver Callan, what a hard man. The comedian is knee high to a grass hopper. Typical Galvin bullying, sure isn't that why he was allegedly sacked from his job as a teacher. He must be happy with himself now, I'd say he's so happy you could refer to him as being gay.

Well in fairness if there was a fella that made his living off of taking the piss out of me on a regular basis and he stepped over the line I'd try pucking the head off him no matter what size he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

All jokes aside if he really is riding Seoige then he is a lucky b*****d

Galvin already has a beard why does he need another one? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

They deserve each other, I think. Galvin, as usual, thought with his foot instead of his head and lashed out. I'm quite sure that Galvin is given no quarter by his GAA mates in the locker room but he knows full well, that if he tried to chin a fellow player, he'd get it back in kind.......Callen is talented, no doubt, but like Rosenstock, is effortlessly smug and irritating.
    Handbags and no credit to either of them. Pity Galvin didn't chin O'Connor instead.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

He went right up in my view. Love how these gimps like to take the piss out of people behind their backs, when man to man they are little pussies.

Galvo should have knocked the top row out of the ponce.

And they say he is smashing that burd from Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Great little country wha ?

These two ****in egos meet in a Dublin hostelerry late at night and have angry words !

Cue huge publicity for both..including extra exposure for Callan on prime time national television.

Guards called and no doubt the usual taking of statements and interviewing of witnesses.

Typing up of statements ...legal consultations etc etc all taking up the time of our" hard pressed" Guardai.

Then the guy who called the guardai is reportedly "not pressing charges".

Well now ...by my estimate the whole thing cost at least 10k in police time not to mention other calls that may not have been answered.

Surely it cannot just end like this ...one or other..or both of these snippy primas should cough up ?

Hmmmm ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They should be pelted with balls of one anothers shite until dismayed with public life and agree to live as hermits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

One road death costs €1 million, so I reckon your way off with your ten grand, I'd say close to €2 million would be more accurate.

Yea they should be charged for the free advertising they've both got out of it. Self publicity and nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Send Callan to fat camp and lock Galvin up on a psych ward

*gavel*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Are they both umm the same persuasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Maybe you should call the Guards on them OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

They should be pelted with balls of one anothers shite until dismayed with public life and agree to live as hermits.

case dismissed!

order....order I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

No they shouldn't. If charges are forthcoming related directly to the row then fine.

If that was the case every single call out would include 'wasting police time' as well as the main charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

MyKeyG wrote: »
    No they shouldn't. If charges are forthcoming related directly to the row then fine.

If that was the case every single call out would include 'wasting police time' as well as the main charge.

Yes Callan should be, but not the Kerry sex and city wanna be. Calling the guards, giving statments etc and then saying ah sure leave it be? Feck that, the Guards have much better things to be doing, high profile wasting of Gaurds time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

And the should be blasted with .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Yes Callan should be, but not the Kerry sex and city wanna be. Calling the guards, giving statments etc and then saying ah sure leave it be? Feck that, the Guards have much better things to be doing, high profile wasting of Gaurds time.
    Callan called the guards to report a threat of violence. The guards came sorted it out and asked him if he wished to press charges. He felt the situation had been contained so decided against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mr Shetland pony legs should be charged with crimes against fashion for squeezing those shetland pony stumps and fat @rse of his into those poor little skinny jeans :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Nothin' like a good bítch fight, leave 'em at it I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Dotrel wrote: »
    Send Callan to fat camp and lock Galvin up on a psych ward

*gavel*

Naw, just lock Callan up with Galvin, maybe he'll make him his bitch.

Galvin " I bet you can squeal like a pig . . ."

Callan "Weeeeee!"

Advertisement