Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeated LC study at home

• 20-10-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I study 7 subjects this year ,6HLV+1 OLV for english,
    but i think the school just wasting my time ,can i just drop out the school and study my 7 subjects at home and do LC next year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

..well i guess you could do it, but a guy in my year dropped out and now hes repeating. its a really bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cheaps123

Patchy~ wrote: »
    ..well i guess you could do it, but a guy in my year dropped out and now hes repeating. its a really bad idea.

i think i can't do lc in the school that i drop out ,so where do i do my LC next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

cheaps123 wrote: »
    i think i can't do lc in the school that i drop out ,so where do i do my LC next year?

Did you learn grammar and punctuation at home? A very bad idea. Either stay in current school or move to a different one but you will lack guidance and motivation at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I know several people who did that last year and it ended up leading to them falling into very deep depression and ****ing up the LC, then dropping out their course too. Move school, but being alone all day with no routine and no help with your work will do you no favors. If the classes are a waste of time skip class and hide somewhere to study.

regress wrote: »
    Did you learn grammar and punctuation at home? A very bad idea. Either stay in current school or move to a different one but you will lack guidance and motivation at home.

I know this is a bad idea, so i bought some english study book ,past paper (learning answer the question in www.e-xamit.ie ), and i already got all notes for all subjects.
    i did 7 subjects this year , 6HLV+1 OLV ENGLISH, and i need 400 points ,
    i already absent school 11 days and keep study 11-13 hours everyday,
    i also keep running an hour 5 times a week to energise myself ,
    keep doing PP everyday to motivate myself and make a timetable, i will got 3000+ hrs to study before LC ,hope i can success:o

MY only question is where do i do my LC next year?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

if you decide to go ahead with your plan (i really really really advise you not to though, it never ends well), you have to ask an exam centre (most likely your school) if you can sit the lc there. i'm not too sure how it works, you should ask them when you're telling them you're dropping out i guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is English your first language OP?
    You can do your LC wherever you want. The SEC will make arrangements when you apply to them.
    Entries for June 2012 should be in the SEC by the end of January 2012.
    http://www.examinations.ie (EXternal candidate entries)

spurious wrote: »
    Is English your first language OP?
    You can do your LC wherever you want. The SEC will make arrangements when you apply to them.
    Entries for June 2012 should be in the SEC by the end of January 2012.
    http://www.examinations.ie (EXternal candidate entries)
    No i'm international student ,did JC and LC before, i just send email to ask SEC ,LC not a problem for me but drop out school and apply SEC just give me a stomach ache:o.
    i do HLV Maths,GEO,Business, ACCO,PHY and BIO,
    i think i will lost my 20 points from GEO project,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have done your Geography project already and it has not yet been submitted for exam, you can get a teacher to sign for you and use it in 2012, no matter where you are sitting the exam.

If you have already submitted the Geography project for the 2011 exam, then you must do a new project for the 2012 exam.

If your language is one of the EU languages, or Russian, you can sit an exam in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

im thinking of doin the same.. i did the leaving cert 2 years ago and would like another shot at it.

what would people advise, especially if im thinking of doing 1-2 project subjects?

• Advertisement
Advertisement