Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Xperia Pro - Best Place to Buy?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Would like to get this phone but it looks like sim free is the only option as none of the providers seem to be taking it up.

As such I'm wondering if anyone can point me to the best place to purchase it in terms of price and reliability.

It's available from SE direct for €397 delivered although the UK SE price works out about €357 when VAT adjusted.

It is available on simplyelectronics for €299 but this seems to be a place to avoid.

Clove.co.uk has it but it comes to about €380 delivered.

The only place I've seen it for a price I'd accept (c.€325 delivered) is amazon.de and other German sites. I do realise the key's will be in QWERTZ rather than QWERTY but I assume you can change the settings to apply the Z as Y regardless of what's printed on the key. Would there be any other issues of note with buying the German version?

I am also looking for the Mini Pro for my wife so if you know of any place doing this simfree for about €220 delivered let me know. I have seen it on the Italian version of the SE site for €230 but it won't let you specify Ireland as your country for delivery even though my SE account is set up for Ireland. For that matter they have the Pro for €350 too and Italy seems to use the QWERTY keyboard layout so could get both for an acceptable price if only I thought the phones would get to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Nobody have any advice or comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Best way to go 'german' then. I can recommend www.anobo.de or www.handyshop.de (personally used them both, great serevice) or amazon.de. Delivery takes a tad bit longer and a the plug is EU which I've no problem using them in irish socket w/o adaptor. You would have english language,never mind the keyboard difference, you get used to them.

Advertisement