Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

OMFG BF3 SUXXXX!!!!

COD IS SOO MUCH BETTER COZ YOU CAN 360 QUICKSCOP3...

These threads are stupid and only result in arguments.
    Ill be getting BF3 on launch and sometime next year COD, so Both ..

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I do like the new Battlefield theme remix though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Liam O wrote: »
    I find the COD engine far superior to Battlefield's. Vehicles are annoying too. Just not my type of game. It beggars belief how anyone can say MW3 looks like the same game as MW2, it has the same engine yes but there are a lot of new features, some which I'm not sure about. I can see how people like Battlefield, it's slightly more of a sim than COD but I like the arcade-ness of COD tbh, people saying it's not realistic really miss the point.

I'm sure Battlefield fans will enjoy Battlefield but the amount of preaching about COD players etc is quite annoying and Battlefield players can be just as bad I noticed.

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

KilOit wrote: »
    954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

nowt wrong with the COD engine at all, if its a choice between pretty lighting and 60fps (on console) I know what I'd rather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

krudler wrote: »
    nowt wrong with the COD engine at all, if its a choice between pretty lighting and 60fps (on console) I know what I'd rather.
    pretty lighting, better graphics and destructable buildings over much larger maps, also It's a brand new engine so you can't say anything to compare engines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

pretty lighting, better graphics and destructable buildings over much larger maps, also It's a brand new engine so you can't say anything to compare engines

Better gameplay too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Korvanica wrote: »
    OMFG BF3 SUXXXX!!!!

COD IS SOO MUCH BETTER COZ YOU CAN 360 QUICKSCOP3...

These threads are stupid and only result in arguments.
    Ill be getting BF3 on launch and sometime next year COD, so Both ..
    was quite a civilised discussion actually. People just can't help becoming defensive and it seems to have become cool to dislike COD for some reason, they seem to equate it with similar things that Justin Bieber represents. The character movements in COD are much smoother and while I like Battlefield's knifing more their movements into prone and crouch are so clunky I find.

Both games are very different though so in general it's like apples and oranges. I don't see why people have to try prove themselves as superior gamers by having dick waving contests on both sides of this argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Liam O wrote: »
    The character movements in COD are much smoother and while I like Battlefield's knifing more their movements into prone and crouch are so clunky I find.

I thought it was the opposite, Battlefield's smoother transitions lock you into an animation, whereas CoD will let you cancel out at any time. Movement is more deliberate in Bf, and twitchy in CoD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'll be picking up both.
    Battlefield is pretty much useless if you have no friends online so that's where MW3 comes in handy for me.

Hated the Battlefield beta but I'm sure it's still going to be a great game.

You know what you're getting with the MW series and it's a bit of fun.
    To those who are banging on about it being the same only new maps,most people don't care and would pay the game price for that many new maps anyway.

The MW series in my opinion looks and plays far better and smoother on console than BC2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm a pc gamer so this doesn't even come into question. They are very different games anyway. I'd rather they left the consoles to their COD and kept BF3 PC only instead of dumb ..simplifying it to try and attract some of the console COD crowd but I'd be living in a dream world for that to happen. :p

Proper BF play might be a bit too complicated for the consoles so I can see why a lot of people on the ps3 and 360 might wanna stick to COD.

You just wanna relax on a couch and mindlessly kill people in small maps of team-death match. & COD is great for that. I would never call COD a bad game its just a very different game to what I enjoy.

I love the large battles, I love conquest mode, I enjoy more advanced gameplay. The game is meant for PC , though they really should have let the console guys have a go of caspian. Imo playing metro is not really showing what BF3 is actually about.

They messed up with the beta on consoles imo. Meanwhile on PC, it was glorious.

yekahS wrote: »

MW3 will outsell BF3 by a mile, and its for a good reason. People vote with their wallets, and the results prove MW3 is a much better game.

These arguments always amuse me, westlifes last album probably outsold pearl jams. I'm sure transformers 2 did better in the cinema than shawshank redemption.

How well they sell to the lowest common dominator does not reflect the quality of the product.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The MW series in my opinion looks and plays far better and smoother on console than BC2.
    Your opinion is not valid or correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

good well reasoned debate. The engine does run smoother on console so you can't really dispute that.

I responded to you properly and you ignored it, or do you only call up ones you can pick apart.

Runs better on maps a quarter of the size, not much of an achievement and I dispute it runs better.

No,your opinion is not valid or correct.
    See,we can both do that.

Battlefield might be the more lifelike but the animation of the players leaves a lot to be desired for.Modern Warfare just runs so much smoother.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

MW2 really pissed me off. I thoroughly enjoyed CoD, CoD2 and CoD4, but after MW2 I officially joined the anti-CoD bandwagon. It was so ****ty and cheap I couldn't believe what I was playing was a Call of Duty game. It's SP was an utter joke in terms of both story and duration. It threw away all the tension of CoD4 for some stupid "I can't believe it's not Team America" knock off. They're going around the world fighting terrorists in a ****ing submarine!

MP just turned into endless camping and kill streak whoring full of hateful little ****s. CoD has lost all the originality and impact it once had. It's now just an overpriced expansion.

Bad Company wasn't with out it's flaws but at least it has innovated.
    Meanwhile the BF3 Beta, in particular Caspian Border was something special.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Battlefield might be the more lifelike but the animation of the players leaves a lot to be desired for.Modern Warfare just runs so much smoother.

There's nothing remotely lifelike in either game. If you want realism play ARMA. They're both silly shoot military men in the face games. BF just offers far more variety with vehicles, destruction, scale and teamwork.

5uspect wrote: »
    There's nothing remotely lifelike in either game. If you want realism play ARMA. They're both silly shoot military men in the face games. BF just offers far more variety with vehicles, destruction, scale and teamwork.
    I meant the look of battlefield is more lifelike than MW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 RusticChainsaw

ARMA 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

May as well be comparing apples and oranges... they're both fruits... some people like apples.. some like oranges... some like neither... and there are some.. like me, who like both. Fanboys !!!! CALM DOWN !! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

1317338318916.jpg?t=1318002115

Obligatory.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Anatomy of a Battlefield fanboy

fanboyanatomy.jpg

The ear part is definitely true. They always mute the sound if they ever play MW, because they can't handle the slagging when they get whopped. Basically people who can't go it alone and prefer to blame their fail on the rest of the team. There is no hiding in MW like there is in BF.

fanboyanatomy.jpg

The ear part is definitely true. They always mute the sound if they ever play MW, because they can't handle the slagging when they get whopped. Basically people who can't go it alone and prefer to blame their fail on the rest of the team. There is no hiding in MW like there is in BF.
    no hiding?? one player can win cod, one player will never win for a team in cod.

Also the supreme lulz at the mountain dew part

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5640/drink-dew-eat-doritos-get-double-xp-in-mw3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

fanboyanatomy.jpg

You summed up Modern Warfare's fanbase rather nicely in that one post; a party of lone wolves placed on the same 'team' who like to berate the opposing team for losing at the end of every match. The same type of player who equates working together as a team to wanting to just look for somebody to pass the blame onto when things start to turn sour.

And on the part in bold, I beg to differ. I've been killed in Modern Warfare countless times by twats sitting on ledges or hiding next to doorways waiting for somebody to run past for a cheap and easy kill to rack up their killstreaks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

fanboyanatomy.jpg

Welcome back to the thread, fanboy troll.

You could probably use that pic for a MW fanboy, oh hold on it is for an MW3 fanboy(as already posted).
    Who's a clever boy then, you are...yes you are...

Maybe your next post in this thread will be a good one(doubt it, two lame troll posts so far and one of them you fucked up(reverse trollogy)), third times a charm as they say.

You can't really post in this thread again though, can you? Can you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

F1ngers wrote: »
    Welcome back to the thread, fanboy troll.

You could probably use that pic for a MW fanboy, oh hold on it is for an MW3 fanboy(as already posted).
    Who's a clever boy then, you are...yes you are...

Maybe your next post in this thread will be a good one(doubt it, two lame troll posts so far and one of them you fucked up(reverse trollogy)), third times a charm as they say.

You can't really post in this thread again though, can you? Can you?

Haven't played either game to be honest. :) More of a RPG player if I do play games though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Haven't played either game to be honest. :)

Neither have I, will play both though.
    More of a RPG player if I do play games though.

Play Dark Souls(if you haven't already) - trust me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

This thread is going to get locked soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I loved CoD4 but the battlefield games just offer so much more scope and variety.
    Want a big huge map with vehicles ? np
    Want a close quarters 4x4x4 match infatry only ? np
    The fact there are classes and roles make a big difference too. In CoD there are no specific roles, just the role to kill.
    Rush and conquest also offer pretty different experiences between each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

The truth is, both franchises are excellent games, in terms of playability I prefer cod, but in terms of features, battlefield is the winner as there is a better chance to contribute to the team even if you are having a sucky game kill-rate wise.

Now I'm going to drag this thread down and sit back and enjoy...

Cod players are criticised for being childish, cheating, irritating trolls, who bring unbalanced arguments to the table. But by scouring the web for forums on this matter it is abundently clear, it Is the battlefield fanboys that are far more irritating.

For multiplayer games, it is not always the gameplay that makes the game, it's the community. This is what tarnished cod over the years, and with the increase of popularity of battlefield, it could be something that may sully this years edition.

Edit: didn't read through the last few pages, it's already sunk to a fanboy war. (gets popcorn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

fanboyanatomy.jpg

Lol. You did a funny.

Advertisement