Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

This thread is hilarious, people actually trying to say one game is better than the other, fighting about it, when its clearly just a matter of opinion haha

You have played both games before people, if you havent grasped the fact that the games dont change much gameplay wise from sequel to sequel then just stop talking, and in regards to skill, they both require you to use a keyboard and mouse and react with aiming your mouse.

Jesus christ get over yourselves haha, but by all means, continue "arguing", its a good laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

this-thread-heats-my-balls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

Ugh I was so hoping that this wouldn't turn into a fanboy thread, but I guess I was just optimistic :rolleyes: I must say fanboyism is the biggest waste of time and energy I can think of tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ugh I was so hoping that this wouldn't turn into a fanboy thread, but I guess I was just optimistic :rolleyes: I must say fanboyism is the biggest waste of time and energy I can think of tbh :(
    saving the world for the future for me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crash Bandicoot 2 is the greatest game of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Enderman wrote: »
    Crash Bandicoot 2 is the greatest game of all time.

Lies!

Here you go:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lucutus wrote: »

I'll see your Flimbo's Quest and raise you:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I see...

*reaches for the pot*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I see your anything, and raise you...

yer all wrong. Greatest racing sim in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

gonna jump ship to Battlefield this year. Not played Battlefield games much but am jaded with the lack of progression in the COD games so am happy to try something new. I wasn't sold on the demo/beta for BF3 though which is leaving me doubting both franchises at the moment.

djkeogh wrote: »
    gonna jump ship to Battlefield this year. Not played Battlefield games much but am jaded with the lack of progression in the COD games so am happy to try something new. I wasn't sold on the demo/beta for BF3 though which is leaving me doubting both franchises at the moment.
    Ignore the beta, small map, no vehicles, close quarters, it was Battlefield trying to hook some Cod fanbase.

Welcome to the light :) add me once the game is out and if you have a mic you'll see how great the game truely is

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

BF3 has my attention more so then MW3 but Ill get both, BF3 on release day and MW3 probably for X-mas to continue the story and a quick balst in MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm gonna buy both and decide which I like better after playing them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pyr0 wrote: »

Keep your sensible posting to another thread will ya! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Pyr0 wrote: »

you disgust me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm not sure if this is more to do with the over hype that means the only possible way to go is down, but BF3 is very disappointing. Should have known better than to expect DICE to make a good story. Actually struggling to care.

Mini Spoilers
    I've so far been hit with 2 RPG's and had a building fall on me yet i'm still alive. The plane mission looks amazing but is seriously on rails, you press 2 buttons you don't even fly the plane!

I know people will say its all about the multiplayer and i understand that but i still like a good solid single player story too.

Looks pretty amazing, plays pretty solid and the sound effect are brilliant. I was just hoping they would try something different that would make it stand out from the crowd but so far its pretty bland vegetable lasagna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just finished replaying MW2 on Vet, and whilst the storyline is ridiculous, it is a really entertaining SP campaign. Looking forward to MW3 all the more now for it, really can't wait.

Absolutely itching for BF3 though. Off all day Friday and Saturday, man, it's going to be something special.

gTyeH.jpg

I'm not sure if this is more to do with the over hype that means the only possible way to go is down, but BF3 is very disappointing. Should have known better than to expect DICE to make a good story. Actually struggling to care.

Mini Spoilers
    I've so far been hit with 2 RPG's and had a building fall on me yet i'm still alive. The plane mission looks amazing but is seriously on rails, you press 2 buttons you don't even fly the plane!

I know people will say its all about the multiplayer and i understand that but i still like a good solid single player story too.

Looks pretty amazing, plays pretty solid and the sound effect are brilliant. I was just hoping they would try something different that would make it stand out from the crowd but so far its pretty bland vegetable lasagna.
    you do co-op yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

According to activision MW3 is the "most anticipated game in history"

Half life 3 anyone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Trevor451 wrote: »
    According to activision MW3 is the "most anticipated game in history"

Half life 3 anyone? :rolleyes:

Stink of desperation off of that!! I just hope reviewers have the balls to call it what it is, MW2.1 and mark it accordingly!!

However I could be wrong and maybe the singleplayer turns out to be amazing which would be great but from what I've seen so far it doesn't look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Big Knox wrote: »
    Stink of desperation off of that!! I just hope reviewers have the balls to call it what it is, MW2.1 and mark it accordingly!!

However I could be wrong and maybe the singleplayer turns out to be amazing which would be great but from what I've seen so far it doesn't look good...

COD reviews are always written for fans of the series, therefore will receive high marks.

It's terrible practice i know, but what ya gonna do :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would've gone for MW3 as well as BF3, but now that there's no proper servers for MW3, and only P2P matchmaking, there's no point.

Even if MW3 was exactly the same as MW2 id be shocked if i got less than 90 on metacritic.

It's a common problem now with any big name sequel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

you do co-op yet?

Nope, will push on to online tonight as its out in the US ill get a better feel for it with more players. Ill struggle to go back to the single player campaign with Batman staring at me saying why are you not playing me i'm awesome. Every time i'm stuck in the very liner streets trying to hide behind cover with out a cover mechanic, squinting at the screen to try and see the tiny enemies in the distance (on my 42" TV), it really hits home that i could be gliding across Arkham city kicking ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deand21594

Played the beta of battlefield didnt think it was great the actual game will probly be better tho, i think ill get mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

real pity about the graphics. i also found the enemies hard to see on the beta (on a 46 inch tele)

was hoping for a big improvement. there is a patch coming friday for it i believe when released. what ever that will do i'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

As the title says. I am gonna get one for sure but which one? Have played every COD recently and am looking forward to mw3 but just saw an ad for Battlefield3 and now I am confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If PC, BF3. 64 player multi and all that.

Advertisement