Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Idioteque wrote: »
    Sorry but this PC vs console thing is a load of kak! The game is deadly, the gameplay is deadly, the graphics on the Xbox are really good (particularly with the free HD texture pack download). They may not be as good as the PC version, but that doesn't matter much frankly (except to the PC players who generally have spent a good bit of money keeping their system up to date so it's important to go on about graphics all the time). To me it's like comparing 720p to 1020p...ok the latter is better but The Wire in 720p is just as enjoyable to me and most people
    you still have all you stats via Battlelog, the sound and weapon realism that someone else was talking about are all there on the Xbox, along with choosing what server you want to play on and the decent chat system. All without the forever problematic STEAM system used for PC.

I have a decent I7 laptop only 2 months old which is fine for gaming so I'm not anti-PC...I just think we need a little balance in here for any Xbox users thinking of buying BF3 on xbox.

Right, don't have your nickers twisted here.

I personally own pc and Xbox versions of mw3 and bf3.

Biggest playtime on pc - bf3
    Biggest time spent on Xbox - mw3

Let's call spade a spade here. Xbox versions has huge amount of cuts co
    Paring it to pc. My 5 year old pc runs bf3 on high settings with AA at 40+ fps in 64 player maps. On Xbox I can clearly see the poligon and texture poping at close range. Enviroment details are way lower and lower resolution makes it quite frustrating. I got shot so many times by just not understanding : was it a rock a pixel or somebodies gun out out there. Damn I am dead.

Bf3 is still a great game no matter what platform, but you can clearly see why it is not suitable for consoles. I am not even mentioning 24 people limit.

I played and own all versions of both games ( pc and Xbox ) and I am forming my opinion not from few YouTube videos or forum opinions. Sorry, but that's what it is in realiity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I got shot so many times by just not understanding : was it a rock a pixel or somebodies gun out out there. Damn I am dead.

I am 100% certain this is just you. Perhaps your eyesight is bad and you need the extra detail to bring it up to what it is for the rest of us, but I've never had anything like it this and I've never heard of anyone else experiencing it either. There is a difference between PC and Console but it's not nearly as much as you are making out. I suggest either getting your eyes tested or stop exaggerating

al28283 wrote: »
    I am 100% certain this is just you. Perhaps your eyesight is bad and you need the extra detail to bring it up to what it is for the rest of us, but I've never had anything like it this and I've never heard of anyone else experiencing it either. There is a difference between PC and Console but it's not nearly as much as you are making out. I suggest either getting your eyes tested or stop exaggerating
    Already did. Have a lovely pair from specsavers. Actuoly it was 2 for one price deal! Some designer glasses too. Misses shadowhearth loves them, she actuolly picked them for me. I am short sighted, so I have to wear glasses now. It's okay though, it makes me look sexy and helps me see stuff in screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Already did. Have a lovely pair from specsavers. Actuoly it was 2 for one price deal! Some designer glasses too. Misses shadowhearth loves them, she actuolly picked them for me. I am short sighted, so I have to wear glasses now. It's okay though, it makes me look sexy and helps me see stuff in screen.

Well then stop exaggerating:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The graphical difference between PC and console is not as bad as it's being made out here.

There is a big difference but that difference is really more so about how good it looks on ultra on the PC where as on a console it just looks par for the course which is fine.

Very playable on both but after playing a fair bit of both the map and team sizes do stand out alot and conquest mode on consoles is kind of pointless it's just a totally different experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Right, don't have your nickers twisted here.

I got shot so many times by just not understanding : was it a rock a pixel or somebodies gun out out there. Damn I am dead.

Don't worry my knickers are fine thank you very much!
    All I was doing was bringing some balance to your viewpoint..with mine.
    Your argument back is you can't make out the difference between a person and a rock because the xbox graphics are so bad...which is...and i refer to my first line of my first post....'A load of kak'
    One more time just for clarity..PC version is better in many ways.
    Xbox version is still very enjoyable and I wouldn't just go for MW3 on xbox because as some people make out 'BF3 sucks on Xbox when compared to PC'...

Here's another analogy for you....Blu-Ray is better quality than DVD. If all I've ever watched was the Matrix/Inception etc on DVD, I'd still think they are great movies that looked visually stunning.
    What you are saying is Xbox is like good oul VHS..which is isn't.

Anyway, enough of this messin, back to work for me. Great game, very addictive!

Idioteque

Big Knox wrote: »
    The graphical difference between PC and console is not as bad as it's being made out here.

There is a big difference but that difference is really more so about how good it looks on ultra on the PC where as on a console it just looks par for the course which is fine.

Very playable on both but after playing a fair bit of both the map and team sizes do stand out alot and conquest mode on consoles is kind of pointless it's just a totally different experience.

Agree totally...after a certain amount of graphical detail, it's more about the gameplay etc That's why I never get overly excited about high-end graphics, once the gameplay is there that's the most important thing...sure look at Limbo for fecks sake!
    The let down is the map sizes to players, private servers etc...but I'm sure these are all things that will eventually make it across in future versions. For the moment, I'd rather have BF3 on my Xbox than none at all :)

Don't worry my knickers are fine thank you very much!
    All I was doing was bringing some balance to your viewpoint..with mine.
    Your argument back is you can't make out the difference between a person and a rock because the xbox graphics are so bad...which is...and i refer to my first line of my first post....'A load of kak'
    One more time just for clarity..PC version is better in many ways.
    Xbox version is still very enjoyable and I wouldn't just go for MW3 on xbox because as some people make out 'BF3 sucks on Xbox when compared to PC'...

Here's another analogy for you....Blu-Ray is better quality than DVD. If all I've ever watched was the Matrix/Inception etc on DVD, I'd still think they are great movies that looked visually stunning.
    What you are saying is Xbox is like good oul VHS..which is isn't.

Anyway, enough of this messin, back to work for me. Great game, very addictive!

Idioteque

right. you do realise when i made that rock , pixel , gun remark i did not ment 5 meter range?

game like BF3 is about range and surroundings. as soon as it goes further with range it turns in to mud, texture poping in, low resolution, even the shapes of bodyparts and terrain is really lower quality. I play it on pc and i newer encountered anything like this. i am on console - bang. Its not a BF3 fault, but ageing console hardware.

i wonder how many people commenting on this actually play and have both versions?

to sum it all up: if you love game, then play it. i am happy for you guys. i just noted that console version of bf3 is not great, console controller is not suitable for such game.

before i get branded as anty console fanboy i will say this: i own all current gen consoles ( no wii though, had it for 3 months and traded it in ). I LOVE to play xbox in the bed with fireplace crackling near by, and misses laying down near me and shouting at me " FFS, how you havent seen that prick there?! change this ****y weapon and go back to the ump45! look at your score 9/30! ya noob! ". I newer have such cousy experience with pc.

I LOVE to play xbox in the bed with fireplace crackling near by, and misses laying down near me and shouting at me " FFS, how you havent seen that prick there?! change this ****y weapon and go back to the ump45! look at your score 9/30! ya noob! ". I newer have such cousy experience with pc.

Lucky you...when I'm in bed with my GF, if I said "I'm just gonna play a bit of Bf3"...well, lets just say the only thing that I would be shooting for weeks after would be an ammunition clip :)
    She's a keeper your one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lucky you...when I'm in bed with my GF, if I said "I'm just gonna play a bit of Bf3"...well, lets just say the only thing that I would be shooting for weeks after would be an ammunition clip :)
    She's a keeper your one!
    Never mind his girlfriend,he's got a ****ing fireplace in his bedroom!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

She's a keeper your one!

Hehe. Believe it or not, I just finished playing some mw3 on Xbox few seconds ago. The reason I played it because misses loves watching me play online. She actually suggested me to play after dinner! She Allready has her favourite modes to watch, weapon setups to use etc...
    I am trying her to try and play, but she just says that she loves to watch me play.

Unfortunatly I have to play bf3 alone :( . But I am buying new pc for my game room, so old one will go to bedroom with 42inch telly. So ill make her to change her opinion about bf3 !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

None, get Zelda instead :p

Trevor451 wrote: »
    None, get Zelda instead :p

Pfffff zelda.... She refuses to watch any single player game. Only shooter and online... Violence etc...

Though wait, she loved to watch one sp game... Dantes inferno. She loved it as ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Hehe. Believe it or not, I just finished playing some mw3 on Xbox few seconds ago. The reason I played it because misses loves watching me play online. She actually suggested me to play after dinner! She Allready has her favourite modes to watch, weapon setups to use etc...
    I am trying her to try and play, but she just says that she loves to watch me play.

LOL ! Jammy git ya !

Advertisement