Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS relocation, how is it?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

I'm moving country and I have to choose a Removal Company to send all my staff in Italy.

Have you ever used this company called RAS Relocation?

Are they reliable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You probably get a better answer here.

Moved from East forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 3 qdel

I'm not sure if they are incompetent or simply dishonest or both. We used them for a household move from Dublin to the USA. Their representative came out and made an estimate for 420 cu ft at 2998 euros. Goods were picked up and a week later conveniently after we had left we were told it was in fact 574 cu ft and that the costs would go up to 4217 euros. What could we do but pay it since we could not verify ourselves?
    Upon arrival we measured the volume for peace of mind and were shocked when it came to 370 cu ft. We had the driver measure it himself and sign a statement attesting the correct volume. I let RAS know about the discrepancy and they or their US agent then turned around and fabricated a story that the driver did not take any measurements and that I was in fact very uncooperative and simply jumped on a 5 foot high truck myself to take the measurements! I was also told that company policy states that drivers are prohibited from discussing volume with clients and that the driver has been disciplined...mmm, I wonder why that is if everything is above board? I'm now pursuing the matter in the Small Claims court but I'd hate for anyone else to be cheated this way so be warned...when using any mover. Agree the volume on the day of pickup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bad_service

We are 25 weeks on from a move back from the UK and still waiting for a damaged picture of our children to be returned. It was 1 of a set of 4 and i've been offered a repair job which will not match theothers in the set and a cheque to get it fixed myself but I would then carry the risk in transporting the frame over and back to the UK. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this ? I'd prefer not to mention the company name here and leave a permanent record of Bad Service on the internet................

Advertisement