Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Open 2011 [Judo]

• 20-10-2011 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

IRSH JUDO ASSOCIATION.

Date; Saturday and Sunday 22.10.2011 - 23.10.2011

Venue; City West Convention Center @ The City West Hotel, Dublin.
    The Irish Open 2011 will be held over two days in October 2011 at City West Convention Centre. The Irish Judo Association hosts the Cadets, Juniors, Seniors & Masters categories on Saturday with the Minors & Special Needs categories on Sunday. This is the first year the Irish Judo Association has hosted a Special Needs category.

This is a brilliant event, with free entry for spectators.

This years Open has attracted over 400 competitors, with close to 100 foreign competitors fighting.

Clip from last years Open.

Good luck to all fighters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conor2010

Brilliant clip from last year.Looking forward to going to support my coach/father at CityWest this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Conor2010 wrote: »
    Brilliant clip from last year.Looking forward to going to support my coach/father at CityWest this weekend.

I missed registration by a day.

I fell down the stairs of the G on Friday night and messed up my knee. I had to hold off on the registration to allow the knee to heal, its grand now but I'm out of the competition.

I love the Irish Open.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the high standard of judo that I've been hearing about..Would have liked to have given it a shot but Donal warned me off it..Same with Raphael..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Conor2010 wrote: »
    I'm just looking forward to seeing the high standard of judo that I've been hearing about..Would have liked to have given it a shot but Donal warned me off it..Same with Raphael..

Yup, the level of competition would be high, esp. at your weight - and there is no kyu category either, your weight would be very competitive and tough.

We've three from Portmarnock fighting - Alex, Murray and Julien.. Myself and Terry are out.

In 2009 Murray had a fantastic open weight final bout against Wojciech Górnik if you remember.

Myself, Murray and Wojciech..

irishopennov09b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Cadets and juniors just finished. Some very nice judo. Seniors are just about to start,

• Advertisement

Saw some really inspiring stuff today.High standard of entrants.Must mention Paul Cummins and Donal Tannam in particular, both were superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 panjero

Great days judo..
    Cannot wait to spectate again next year!!!

Advertisement