If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New extension home cinema fitout

Options
  • 20-10-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Just about to start wiring extension so long list of everything I require. Will then take the best suggestions to research further and possibly view in action in advance. All this is with a view to purchasing once construction is complete in the 6 - 8 weeks.
    Room is 8.5m x 4m comprising living/kitchen/dining. in a midterrace house so a crazy volume is not necessarily required.

2 x 46" LCD or LED suitable for PS3 Gaming (first and foremost) and General TV viewing. (3D not essential but might be a nice option) €700-800 each. may drop the size on one for 2nd living room to get better product for new extension.

HD projector with HDMI input (preferrably white with LED lamp) €600 but room to maneouver

AV receiver (with 2 hdmi outputs) not pushed on aesthetics as everything will be stored away from tv and projector. Inputs for Chorus, Freesat, PC, PS3, Audio source. Wireless connection of some sort necessary, Android control would be nice. 2/3 zone audio if within budget €600

5.1 Speakers, small satellite + sub + possibly larger centre unit under tv if required for sound (I am unsure if i should go with an all in one package or varying size speakers) Colour to be white if possible and will be wallmounted at seated level. In a midterrace house so the ability for deafening volume is not required. €250

2 outdoor speakers, again for easy listening in an urban garden €100

Ceiling speakers, amount still to be decided based on whats left from the above

I will also need to know immediately if i require particular cabling for the above speakers as chasing will be starting next week (think i have the inputs side of thing in my head).

Hope I haven't melted anyone's head :o

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.