Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil central heating not working

Options
  • 20-10-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering if anybody can help, I recently noticed after starting up my oil boiler (it had been off since April) that the circulating pump was not working, I took of this pump and just rotated it with my hand, re-fitted it and it seemed to be working fine, obviously all the water in the burner had emptied out while I was working on the pump so I turned off the burner and allowed the pump to fill water back in to the boiler then started the burner, all seemed fine, the burner was heating the water and I could hear the pump rotating but what is happening is that the water is heating up to its max then the burner is cutting off which would suggest that the pump isn't working yet the pipe which is leaving the boiler is boiling hot and as I said I can hear the pump working so the question is why is the hot water not getting to the radiators, is it that their is air in the system after me taking of the pump or is the pump not strong enough to pump around the house or is it something completely different???

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Olliemca

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement