Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German letter

• 20-10-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Heya guys having a dilemma here! Have a german letters due for tomorrow and i forget my notes and my books :( I was wondering if anyone could throw me out a few sentences on these topics as I can write a bit bout them but need a little extra :)
    • The Economic Situation In Ireland
    • Poverty Problem
    • What career do you hope to do after school (teaching ) :)
    • How has electronic communication changed the modern world
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages to computers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

Is it the German you need help with or do you need ideas in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

em either :) few german phrases or key german words for those topics :)
    but ideas for the topics in english would be great either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

For your first topic you could say something like;

Die Wirtschaft in Irland ist schlecht. Es gibt nicht zu viel Arbeitsmöglichkeiten in Irland, für junge Leute und auch für altere Leute mit Qualifikationen. Die Leute mit Jobs bekommen weniger Zahlen als in den Vorjarhen (während des keltische Tiger" z.B), und die Arbeitslosen bekommen weniger Geld von der Regierung ...

and add anything you can think to say! Continuing on from there you can lead into the lack of money available to spend for people on low incomes because of bills, school fees, mortgages etc, and also the increased number of homeless people since the downturn, and reduction in government spending on infrastructure and so on, I think that would cover you for poverty too.

For your next one you can say stuff like;

Ich möchte Lehrerin werden. Ich möchte ... lehren? (Geschichte?)
    Ich interessiere mich für ... weil es {faszinierend z.B} ist.

You can add where you hope to study to go into teaching, and whether you plan to teach primary/secondary school students and so on.

Wouldn't be too sure on your 4th point.. maybe stuff about most people being able to contact anyone they need to instantly, coming to a point to where it's nearly essential to have phones and computers etc. If you can think of anything I can help with the German :).

And for the last one I'm not sure if you meant advantages/disadvantages of the internet or just computers, but again I can help with any translation you might want.

There may be some mistakes above:rolleyes:..and sorry for the late reply, hope it's useful :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

For your first topic you could say something like;

Die Wirtschaft in Irland ist schlecht. Es gibt nicht zu viel Arbeitsmöglichkeiten in Irland, für junge Leute und auch für altere Leute mit Qualifikationen. Die Leute mit Jobs bekommen weniger Zahlen als in den Vorjarhen (während des keltische Tiger" z.B), und die Arbeitslosen bekommen weniger Geld von der Regierung ...

and add anything you can think to say! Continuing on from there you can lead into the lack of money available to spend for people on low incomes because of bills, school fees, mortgages etc, and also the increased number of homeless people since the downturn, and reduction in government spending on infrastructure and so on, I think that would cover you for poverty too.

For your next one you can say stuff like;

Ich möchte Lehrerin werden. Ich möchte ... lehren? (Geschichte?)
    Ich interessiere mich für ... weil es {faszinierend z.B} ist.

You can add where you hope to study to go into teaching, and whether you plan to teach primary/secondary school students and so on.

Wouldn't be too sure on your 4th point.. maybe stuff about most people being able to contact anyone they need to instantly, coming to a point to where it's nearly essential to have phones and computers etc. If you can think of anything I can help with the German :).

And for the last one I'm not sure if you meant advantages/disadvantages of the internet or just computers, but again I can help with any translation you might want.

There may be some mistakes above:rolleyes:..and sorry for the late reply, hope it's useful :).

Dont worry about it :) your an absolute blessing :) unfortunately only got on this now so didnt get to use it but will defo take some of your pointers for futures essays and stuff :)
    Once again thank you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Be careful not to fall into the trap of trying to do direct translation from English - it generally doesn't work.
    After a while with German, you realise there are 'German ways' of saying things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement