Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happiness is...

• 20-10-2011 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

...clearing away a stack of games and finding a loose copy of Ordyne you forgot you had. :)

Just wanted to share this as I was rather pleased to see this game fall out of the pile. Anyone else had similar 'clearing something away then discovering "oh I forgot I had that!" experiences'?

wviRa.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seriously,
    with the amount of games you buy this sort of thing must happen every other day...

[Scene in Pyongyangs house]
    Hmm, I must move this Pc Engine LT and those assorted AES games out of the wine cellar....
    Oh! that extra sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga I bought, I wondered where I had put that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    ...clearing away a stack of games and finding a loose copy of Ordyne you forgot you had. :)

Just wanted to share this as I was rather pleased to see this game fall out of the pile. Anyone else had similar 'clearing something away then discovering "oh I forgot I had that!" experiences'?

wviRa.jpg

I found a sealed 3DO FZ10 under a load of bits I had stored back home about a year ago when I was looking for something else and I honestly can not remember buy that one.
    I do buy a lot of 3DO's, it's a problem :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seriously,
    with the amount of games you buy this sort of thing must happen every other day...

Hmm, I must move this Pc Engine LT and those assorted AES games out of the wine cellar....
    Oh! that extra sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga I bought, I wondered where I had put that!

That sounds more like o1s1n's gaf!

How I'd love an LT! Is anyone here lucky enough to have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seriously,

Well, at least the chap buys up good stuff. I'd love to know how many games he has :)

Well, at least the chap buys up good stuff. I'd love to know how many games he has :)

If you meant me, I don't have as many as some. Probably because I'm very selective about what I choose to buy..........which is mainly STG, Bomberman and Puyo Puyo games. :o

Not fussed about amassing an enormous stash of games, like any collector it's just the stuff we really want and not any old guff.

I do have a wine cellar though, well a metal yoke that holds 6 bottles of supermarket table vinegar. My friend recently brought me home a bottle of Syrah from Cliff Richard's vinyard in Portugal though. Saving that for Christmas Day! :D

If you meant o1s1n though, he's the one with Dragoon Saga!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    If you meant o1s1n though, he's the one with Dragoon Saga!

I was the original Panzer Dragoon Saga arrogant owner.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was the original Panzer Dragoon Saga arrogant owner.

Aha! I see... Tell me though, what's the story with that game? Why the high price? Was it just a low print run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,268 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It only counts if you have the boxes Retr0 :p

Pyongyang - the game came out late in the consoles life, had a very low print run, had the source code accidentally lost and happens to be one of the greatest games of all time.

Oh and the box presentation is lovely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    and happens to be one of the greatest games of all time.

This. You won't see many people parting with it because it's wonderful in everyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must find a copy of it some day, its not high on my want list but someday ...
    Might turn up in the Sunday Markets on fine day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement