Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to study geography?

• 20-10-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Im a fifth year student and the way my geography teacher teaches is just boring and i cant concentrate as all she does is read the book word for word and its making me fall behind. Does anyone have any tips for an easier way to study geography as it might help me keep up? It would be much appreciated.

Thank You :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My teacher has never used the book, he says its too boring :P I'm in 6th year now and ever since 5th year he's taught us by doing exam questions, so basically we learn our material by learning how to use it in an exam if that makes sense? So what I'd advise is to look up the exam papers or buy them if you like, try to get 15 SRP's and learn them off that way. It makes everything feel a lot more solid I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UniqueInsanity

My teacher never used the book either, she did her own notes and we went through them, only focusing on exam questions.
    I got an A2 in my geography in June, and it was basically just a lot of help from the exam papers, I went through each section like, regional, physical, economic etc and picked out the most important questions, that come up nearly every year, like for physical, the sea stack comes up like, every year. I did out an answer to it, asked the teacher to correct it to ensure I had enough SRP's, and then it was just learning them off from then.
    I'm actually repeating my leaving cert now, and doing geography again, going for the A1, so if you need any help, you can ask and I should probably have notes or something on them, if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

Thanks lads il be sure to study off the exam papers so and learn off SRPs so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My teacher never used the book either, she did her own notes and we went through them, only focusing on exam questions.
    I got an A2 in my geography in June, and it was basically just a lot of help from the exam papers, I went through each section like, regional, physical, economic etc and picked out the most important questions, that come up nearly every year, like for physical, the sea stack comes up like, every year. I did out an answer to it, asked the teacher to correct it to ensure I had enough SRP's, and then it was just learning them off from then.
    I'm actually repeating my leaving cert now, and doing geography again, going for the A1, so if you need any help, you can ask and I should probably have notes or something on them, if you want!
    did you say...economic?! :eek: as in, MNC's etc?
    I thought I was the only one! :D Do you know anywhere to get good notes? My book has nothing at all on it tbh so my teacher gives us photocopies from my business book, but geography really demands more points than business ever would, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I wanna know how to study too actually. I was thinking just going over the exam papers by themselves and getting a solid answer to every question would be decent, but I'm afraid It'll leave some important stuff not covered..

• Advertisement
Advertisement