Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to change mind?

Options
  • 20-10-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the latest anyone has every changed their mind during a house buying porcess?

We are sale agreed, surveyed, valued and probably in the next couple of weeks going to be at signing stage.
    However....
    There is a house, in a better area, with a bigger garden at 10K less than we are sale agreed at, just after coming on the market..

The place we are sale agreed on has a fairly small garden and thats about the only real thing that isn't perfect, but the new one is about the same size house, in a better area, with twice the size of garden. I am seriously thinking of making an offer for it.. We would loose the money spent on surveys, solicitor but I guess in the overall scheme of things that's small change.

I know the estate agent, who has in all fairness been very accomodating to us with viewing etc and getting stuff fixed after the survey, will not be happy at all if we back out and I'll feel crappy..but..its such a large amount of money and we are going to be living there for the next 10 years or so I would expect so am feeling torn. What would you do ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

back out now - if you're even thinking about it at this stage - get out.

You don't owe them anything - they run a business and it happens all the time. You shouldn't sign a paper for x amount of years to be slightly less happy than you would be because a person in the business was nice.

They don't care about you - and you shouldn't either. Business is business.

(Edit: You may know them on a personal level but then they should also understand. If they put business first are they really worth it ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can always change you mind. Cost is another matter. Be wary of "the grass is greener" situations - the other house may have its own problems. I suggest you go spend some more small change.
    and getting stuff fixed after the survey
    If you pull out, you may be liable for the cost of these works. You really need to talk to your solicitor to clarify.

You also need to consider any deposit that you have paid.

Advertisement