Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Game Play

• 20-10-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice.

Boyfriend is big into his playstation and currently looking for ideas for Xmas. Not as far away as you'd think, so starting now :)

He picked up something in PC World the other day in relation to possibly recording gameplay off the PS. Forget what it was called, but will check tomorrow when he's not around. Retails around E120.

Just curious as to peoples opinions on this. Does anybody have the software/accessory/application/etc in which this works and if so, how good is it?

Not a big user on the PS itself, so any advice is very much welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved from Playstation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I definitely don't know what it could be, some of the others might have an idea.

Looking at the UK PC World site, it could have been a Dazzle Platinum or a Pinnacle Studio MovieBox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ah, guess I was looking in the wrong category :P

I know the Roxio is a rather new thing on the market, wouldn't know of anyone else who has bought one.

The capture software that works with it should have come on a CD with it, can't see a download of it on the Roxio website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

No experience of Roxio, was at their booth at gamefest but didnt go into much technical detail. Ya cant go wrong with a Haupagge HD PVR though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Kersmash wrote: »
    No experience of Roxio, was at their booth at gamefest but didnt go into much technical detail. Ya cant go wrong with a Haupagge HD PVR though.
    Yeah, the roxio's are the PVR competitor!

They are good, I've heard some horror stories about them, but I've also heard they're pretty good

They use the power from the xbox so no extra plug, and they are tiny!

Like Kersmash said, I had a look at one at GAMEfest and they're a nice little thing

Might get one cheaper online if you're looking to save a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Thanks a million guys. Will start looking into getting it then so.

Will let ya know the opinion of it after Xmas ;)

Advertisement