Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert an image to raw binary

Options
  • 20-10-2011 8:25pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New to this so bear with me.I want to import a logo /image into our new alarm panels & it requires it as a Raw Binary file.
    Can this be converted via Photoshop?
    If not what software or procedure is required.?
    Any help appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

You can open in Photoshop and Save As in .RAW format (Photoshop RAW)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Ill try it out later and let you know how i get on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is it a monochrome LCD display?
    A raw binary file is usually just a record of floats or integers. But you'll need to know a little more about the format of the file. un/signed bit depth, Bigendian or littleendian etc.
    I'd use Matlab myself to do it but I'm sure there are command line alternatives like imagemagick.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is a monochrome display. The only file the import option alows is raw binary.

Update:
    It didn't like the Photoshop Raw format. (It actually crashed the application every time)
    What its looking for is Raw Binery 1 bit per pixal file (.bin) or Monochrome BMP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If it takes monochrome BMP then open your logo in Photoshop. Select mode and pick Bitmap. You'll have to select the option that looks best to you from those available.

Then select file > save as and pick BMP and then 1bit.

Worked a treat.
    Many thanks.;)

Advertisement