Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Screen

• 20-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just moved into a new house and in the bathroom the bath and shower are in a location with an A shaped roof overhead, so the head of the shower is at the top of the A. I have tried to attach a picture so hopefully you can see it.

I need to put some sort of screen to stop water getting all over the floor when someone is having a shower, called to the local bathroom showroom today and the guy there said he didn't know what I could do. Anyone any suggestions?

Thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

its going to be hard to sort but maybe you could try going to a glass manufacturer who could make up a fixed glass screeen to each side and a hinged door but i'll advise you that you will pay dear. you could try a shower curtain on those vaulted dormer windows curtain rails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

lkkev80 wrote: »
    Just moved into a new house and in the bathroom the bath and shower are in a location with an A shaped roof overhead, so the head of the shower is at the top of the A. I have tried to attach a picture so hopefully you can see it.

I need to put some sort of screen to stop water getting all over the floor when someone is having a shower, called to the local bathroom showroom today and the guy there said he didn't know what I could do. Anyone any suggestions?

Thks

You could us an Avanti track with 12.5mm toughened glass :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A company called labeck will make a shower screen to fit. They canabilise Flair doors so the parts are cheap.

A typical screen will cost you about 200 more than the standard so roughly about 300-400 euro

Outside that i would use a telescopic shower rail and curtain. Just take it down when not in use if you dont intend using it much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Since this is a DIY forum.. ;)

I would be tempted to use a sheet of 10mm multiwalled polycarbonate. One can get F section aluminium extrusion - the sheet slots tightly into the jaws of the F - which could be fixed to the ceiling, wall, bath via fasteners or an advanced adhesive/sealer like Tek-7 or Bostick WetGrab. Cut the sheet to size, slot it into the fixed 'tracks' and use sealant where necessary.

I can post pics of the sheeting and extrusion if you want. Here is some stuff i got for a project - I rather like the wavy line - most multi-wall polycarbonate has straight dividerss which might be aesthetically preferable to some:

1341-large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

A company called labeck will make a shower screen to fit. They canabilise Flair doors so the parts are cheap.

A typical screen will cost you about 200 more than the standard so roughly about 300-400 euro

Outside that i would use a telescopic shower rail and curtain. Just take it down when not in use if you dont intend using it much

Was just going to say that Joey should be along shortly with an answer to this...... lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Shower curtain on a circular/parabolic track hanging from the slopes

Failing that two hinged perspex doors with the hinges on a frame centered on the apex.

If using perspex dont use abrasive cleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lkkev80

Thanks all, some good ideas there, need to decide my budget now to deicde which one to go with.

Advertisement