Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to play xbox

Options
  • 20-10-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

hi guys i made a thread a few weeks ago but my problem has gotten worse.

if i use the xbox black adapter( 2 aerials) i get disconnections every 30 mins

if i use the xbox white adapter( 1 aerial) i go from a 4 bar to a 1 bar every 3 secs

this problem is very frustrating and i cant seem to find away around it. at the moment i have 25mb UPC, my modem is located in the room just below me just incase you need to know :) any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have you opened all the correct ports on the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

This sounds like a router problem, not necessarily an Xbox problem. It could be something interfering with your wifi signal. Have you electronics near your router or xbox that might cause this? Lots of other wifi signals around too from neighbours?

Try changing the wifi channel to the far end of where it is now in the router. For example, if it's currently defaulted to channel 3, change it to 11, 12 or 13. Some routers allow you to scan for a clear channel.

Also, how far away from the router are you? How many walls is the signal passing through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

You should look into opening ports on your router to allow the Xbox have full access,thats your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Actually this sounds really familiar, I used to have similar issues, changed the router, and all was good (was down to the fact it was a poor draft N spec router)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

agree with the rest. Had the same issue troubling the xbox and pc. Once i messed around with the router all was sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement