Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia Play games.

Options
  • 20-10-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to whether anyone has tried or been successful putting any of their old PS1 games onto the phone? Been trying to get Spyro 2 on but having no luck at all:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jazzy cian

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Just curious as to whether anyone has tried or been successful putting any of their old PS1 games onto the phone? Been trying to get Spyro 2 on but having no luck at all:(

bout time a thread got going on this, I am trying at the moment to rip die hard trilogy and burn it to an ISO but I am using IMGBURN and it doesn't seem to be ripping it.

Anyone have any links to a good free ISO program that would rip PS one disks to ISO?

Or any good rom sources?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

jazzy cian wrote: »
    bout time a thread got going on this, I am trying at the moment to rip die hard trilogy and burn it to an ISO but I am using IMGBURN and it doesn't seem to be ripping it.

Anyone have any links to a good free ISO program that would rip PS one disks to ISO?

Or any good rom sources?

I am afraid this thread won't last long if you start discussing how to acquire/burn roms :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No ROM source chat here... cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

So I take it no one has actually managed this from a disc they own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    So I take it no one has actually managed this from a disc they own?

You're better off downloading ISO images from the internet rather than going to the trouble of ripping the data from PS1 discs you own, but as mentioned by a mod earlier I'm not allowed tell you where you can get them from. Once you physically own the games it's legal. Google is your friend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This video explains how to do it legally by buying a program from the Android Market called fpse.

Edit: There is a part in it where he mentions that some PAL versions of PS1 games don't work on the Xperia Play and you have to get the NTSC versions to work on the Play. Up to that point, the whole video was legal... Just enter what you're trying to do into google or youtube.

I only want advice on ripping them from old ps one discs I have from years ago really, just a few classics I have in the back of the press. I have fpse. Just need to find a good freeware program that will rip the discs I have to ISO. As I said above I tried IMGBURN and it just seemed to do nothing when I went to make an image from a disc.

I actually just found a good tutorial on everything fpse related. It's for the pc version but the idea seems the same.

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=0AdVfPUz8Gt9cZDVoM2ozcl8wYzh0aDl3Y2Y&revision=_latest

Gonna try get my old ps games on tomorrow, fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Other than that, there's some great AAA android games optimized for the Xperia Play including:

Minecraft
    NFS Shift
    Modern Combat 2
    Bad Company 2 (out December)
    Assassin's Creed

I ripped my PAL PS1 games into .iso format and .bin format. Runs fine on the said emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The free Dead space game is also worth a download.

• Advertisement

Yeah I actually got bad company and dead space, bad company wrecks my head because I always invert the y axis. Can't play shooting games when up is up and down is down. Goldeneye ruined me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

i think i used alcohol before http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

use pocket ISO http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/PocketISO_32.zip
    to compress the file then down to around 450MB

you also need to download a psx bios file for FPSE

I have Tekken 3 and Metal Gear Solid working on mine as well as SNES, MEGA DRIVE and NES classics :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Little tip. Games ripped and compressed to eboot format for use with the PSP, work fine with most of these emulators.

Advertisement