Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 Week Blow Dry

• 20-10-2011 10:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I know that there has been a v large thread on this before but I can't find it and don't want to dredge up an old thread. I'm seriously thinking about getting this done as I have frizzy, damaged hair that's been relaxed. Has anyone got it done lately that can let me know how they got on with it?

Thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I used to swear by the 12 week BD but manufacturers have been made really reduce the ingredient that makes them work as it was reported as containing dangerous levels of formaldehyde so basically it's now a very expensive conditioning treatment which certainly won't last 12 weeks.

They are bringing all sorts of new ones out now that can be washed out the same day but my hairdresser who was at a big display of them in london last week says they won't get them in as they have to charge big prices for what is an inferior version of the original 12 week blow dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

A friend of mine gets it in Dylan Bradshaw's and would swear by it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking that once the formaldehyde was removed that it wouldn't be as effective (or as poisonous :D). I might get it done in Dylan Bradshaws when I cobble some monies together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tooshka

lubie76 wrote: »
    I used to swear by the 12 week BD but manufacturers have been made really reduce the ingredient that makes them work as it was reported as containing dangerous levels of formaldehyde so basically it's now a very expensive conditioning treatment which certainly won't last 12 weeks.

They are bringing all sorts of new ones out now that can be washed out the same day but my hairdresser who was at a big display of them in london last week says they won't get them in as they have to charge big prices for what is an inferior version of the original 12 week blow dry.
    I just got it done last week and after leaving it in for 3 days my hair is still dishevelled looking. very soft but for €95 in Alllure in Deansgrange it's a very expensive conditioning. I got it done there in April and had to go back two weeks later as it just wasn't lasting. had it done in London in January and it was absolutely brilliant, though cost £150. what does Dylan Bradshaw charge for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I think Dylan Bradshaws about €250/300 for it.
    I am not too sure about now, but I know when my friend starting getting it done with him she got chatting to himself and he told her that he owned the rights to this Particular one in Ireland so maybe the other one's are just not as good products! I don't know to be honest as I've never had it done!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

I'm hoping to get it done in a month (saving furiously at the mo) and when I do, I'll post a before and after pic to let you know what it turns out like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I've just had a brazillian BD/12 week BD done. I got a groupon voucher to get it done in vivid hair salon in Dublin 8. I heard from others that you needed special shampoo and conditioner afterwards, but I was shocked when this cost €36 :-O

Anyway, I didnt really do enough research before the treatment, but I have panicked myself out with the horror stories about these treatments and the effects of formaldehyde from them. I've heard of people losing hair, of skin problems etc etc etc. Most of the reviews are positive and I've read that the ingredients in the EU are much safer than other countries, but with the reduced price, how can we be sure the salon is using the safer version? Anyone know if the La Brasiliana is one of these 'safer' brands? I have a slight headache since yesterday (its gradually getting better) but I'm not sure if thats due to having the head pulled off me or the treatment. I had to ask the 2 ladies doing my hair to stop / be a bit more gentle 4 times (twice for burning my scalp with the hairdryer!)

I'm still in the no wash phase (I was told for 48 hrs) and yes my hair is extremely straight right now (naturally its really curly). The hairdresser did say I would not be completely straight but all i'm hoping for is a relaxed curl without as much work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

I just had this done about 2 weeks ago and absolutely loving it so far!

I would want to regularly get this done in future but its just so expensive for essentially slapping a hair mask on your head and then straighteing it and off you go.

Have since researched it alot on the net and it will be DIY jobs for me in future - there is no end to the amount of home products you can get - worth a shot I think.

Heres a few links:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brazilian-Straightening-Blow-Dry-Keratin-Treatment/dp/B003YUEF7C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_d_6
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/KERATIN-Complex-Care-Shampoo-Conditioner/dp/B003TY3TUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323389896&sr=8-1

515%2BexEP31L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emer28

Hi,

Just got the 12 week blowdry lisse design keratin therapy on friday, good results apart from a headache since treatment.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can you get treatment removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

I've had it done a few times in the last 2 yrs without problems, the treatments are quite strong smelling so I'd say thats what has caused your horrible headache, I got mine done at home and it took ages to air my kitchen of the smell, do you have a rash or soreness on your head?

• Advertisement
Advertisement