Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermann Tortoise Lighting

Options
  • 20-10-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭

Currently need to change my Sons Hermann UVB strip light. Can't remember for life of me which one it was. Think its 5.0 UVB and its 24inchs long...

Would it be ok to get 5.0 UVB? anyone any recommendations of where to buy at a good price?

Is there any make of strip light you recommend, can other ones last more than 6months...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

mad m wrote: »
    Currently need to change my Sons Hermann UVB strip light. Can't remember for life of me which one it was. Think its 5.0 UVB and its 24inchs long...

Would it be ok to get 5.0 UVB? anyone any recommendations of where to buy at a good price?

Is there any make of strip light you recommend, can other ones last more than 6months...

Thanks

For a Hermann, ideally you should be looking at the 10.0 especially for the younger one's to prevent MBD, although if you cant't acquire that, the 5.0 is better than none. Do you use nutrobal supplement?
    you should be able to get Uv lights anywhere tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

most good pet shops will have uv lamps, ideally a 10.0 would be better for the Herman's,
    unfortunately they are expensive enough but even if there still working as far as i know they have to be replaced every 8 months or so,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

So this one would be ok Link

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

mad m wrote: »
    So this one would be ok Link

that would be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

It would indeed be fine :)

If you're looking for reptile supplies at great prices, you can check www.emeraldislereptiles.co.uk . Tony's a great guy and although shipping seems to work out expensive, he may be able to organise a courier which works out cheaper (it did for me on my last order of UVs).

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement