Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in a Rut!

• 20-10-2011 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Everybody!
    I'm in my fourth year at UCC now but I wish I was just starting first year! I feel like I haven't made the most of college at all :(
    To make a long story short, when I was in first & second year I ended up isolating myself from other people due to a combination of things so when I got to third year I thought it was too late to make friends because it seems like everyone my age has already got their own little groups.
    I finally realised what I was doing was wrong and I've joined new clubs this year but all the new people are first years, I really feel like I've missed my chance at the proper college experience & making friends for life.
    I'm not the most outgoing person but I'm improving.
    Anybody got any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Try coming to one or two of the boards.ie meetups for a start - its a great way to meet people who aren't necessarily Freshers!
    Do join societies - lots of people from all years, particularly academic ones have, in some cases, fourth year reps.
    Drop me a PM if ya want to chat - I'm a third year Arts Student, feel free to give me shout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Boo!!

Thanks lilmissprincess :)
    Is there gona be a November meet up? Judging by the thread it didn't work out for last month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Drop me a PM if ya want to chat - I'm a third year Arts Student, feel free to give me shout :)

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

Its good to hear that your changing your mindset but you cant go backwards so learn from the mistakes you have made and look to the future positively.

There will be so many opportunities in the future for you to make new friends, some that you will have to find, some that will find you. Make sure you make the most of these opportunities and learn to value your new friends for who they are (not for who you want or need them to be). Go out there and enjoy yourself and remember that you are not the only person in this situation. I've felt your pain, try moving to a new city!!!!

Stay positive and you will be grand. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishlurker

Orizio wrote: »
    Ditto.

• Advertisement
Advertisement