Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amp + speaker recommendations

• 20-10-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

basically, a kid I know has seen one of his mates playing music on his laptop, through speakers and an amp and now he is mad after the same set up
    i know nothing about speakers or amps myself
    i have been looking around at different websites buts its all very confusing

what i need is some advice as to what i should be thinking of here
    i want an amp to boost the output from the laptop and a couple of speakers to run it all through
    he listens to all the modern pop ****e and its gonna be all mp3 files so its not proper audiophile equipment we need, just something that sounds decent and looks the part too i guess

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

An external speaker package like this would be the best bet. They connect to the computer via USB and external power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi ejdg9,
    I know where you are coming from, audio equipment; amps, speaker choices, etc., have changed & developed some much over the past numbers of years, that it can difficult to know where to start, what is good equipment & value for money these days.

I would be very confident in recommending Richer Sounds Ireland to you for excellent advice & good value. You will also find them here on Boards.ie under the top heading; Biz –> ...Talk to... –> richersounds.ie .

I wish you well & many years happy hifi enjoyment.
    All my best, Pepsie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ejdg9

that first one looks nice alright but its more of an ipod dock
    this little guy likes the idea of being a dj you know, lining up songs on his laptop when he wants to have a party

i will head over and ask that richer sounds guy
    see what he has to say for himself

thanks for the help guys

Advertisement