Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryobi, (Li-Ion) 1+ System,

• 20-10-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anybody else out there had problems with these batteries/chargers ?

Less than 2 months old, (drill) very light domestic use. Not charged more than 4 times.
    When I took it out to drive a few screw tonight, nothing. Not even a jerk.
    Plugged in charger and stuck in battery. Cycle lights go from defunct battery to fully charged in under a minute. Did this a few times, but still not a whimper from the drill.

Dud battery ?
    Dud charger?
    Anybody any experience with this brand ?

Thank in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Dud battery I'd say. Isn't it covered under warranty?

one of them is a dud

contact ryobi directly or go back to the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Going to ring the shop today.
    It takes over an hour to get there. Major inconvenience. Bought in B&Q Limerick, living in west Clare.
    I hope I can find the receipt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Didn't drop it by any chance? I dropped and killed two v. expensive Li-ion batteries. They seem to be much more delicate than the Ni-Cd/Ni-Mh ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Not that I'm aware of. Just the usual bump and knock going in and out of the boot, and falling over when left standing on its own.

No problem changing it out in B&Q though, now the proud owner of a brand new one, again !!

I'll watch for knocking it in future though, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭whizbang

probably discharged it below recovery. electronics in the battery pack will discharge it even without use.
    you Must charge it fully after every use.
    charge it every month, use or not, and keep it cold.

Advertisement