Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Interview Delay

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all, any help with this would be great:

I did a first round interview for a new job 3 weeks ago now. Afterwards I was told I was sucessful in the interview and was definately being called for a 2nd interview. So I waited to get a call back for my second interview.
    After about 2 weeks I was asked if a date in 1 weeks time would suit me. I said it would and the recruitment agent said they would call me back to confirm that date, after speaking to the company.
    The recruitment agent has heard nothing from the company and the proposed date for my second interview is now cancelled.

How long should I wait for my second interview?
    I am really interested in this job and would love to get it.
    I have been keeping my time free in case I get called but I end up wasting so much time. And this looks bad as I am wasting time finding a different job.
    Also is it not very very bad form that the company would not even contact me to let me know why there is such a delay? I have heard nothing from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tieko

I would say don't stop looking. I have had something similar before, told they wanted me for the 2nd interview, set date, then they postponed, next thing I hear they aren't going to fill the position at this time. The ball is totally in the company's court and they can make you wait as long as they want, I'm afraid you don't have any control over it, just keep looking and the opportunity might come up

Advertisement