Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I bring matress monitor into hospital for days following delivery?!

Options
  • 20-10-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Guys.
    Im going in to be induced at 5.30am this morning and am debating whether to bring my Tommee Tippee baby movement monitor (the one that goes under the mattress) in to put under baby while he is in the cot unit beside me? (Portiuncula Public Hosp) I will prob leave it in the car til after delivery etc. but wonder if this would be acceptable or has anyone else done it? Also, did ye bring breastfeeding pillows in or were there sufficient pillows in there?
    Thanks!
    Cat :)
    ~ Bag-o-nerves~

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The baby will be in a cot right beside you the whole time.
    So I don't think you will need it at all:)

Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If this is an electronic device, ask before using it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Leave the monitor, bring the pillow. And bring your own pillow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

as said above, you wont need it, baby will be in beside you, and nursing staff will be checking on and the baby ever so often, I do agree bring your own pillows though for comfort! good luck hope the day goes well! and your bundle pops out for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Also you'd be hard pressed to have enough electricity outlets for it. There were 2 beside the bed I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

trust me .. you're going to spend the first day staring at your baby.. if s/he even sniffles you will wake up ;) bring the pillows though.. :D

Advertisement