Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heinken Green Spheres Dublin 2011

Options
  • 21-10-2011 12:52am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With a memorable weekend in Galway and the upcoming Cork gigs from Glasvegas, Simian Mobile Disco and Erol Alkan, 2011 has been another superb year for Heineken Green Spheres shows and it is set to come to a huge climax with news of a three nighter in the capital. This December, the intergalactic music experience created by Heineken - becomes a mini winter festival offering some amazing music across four Dublin venues. Heineken has abducted some of the biggest names in music for the weekend to include The Drums, Aloe Blacc, Wild Beasts and SBTRKT covering genres as broad as electronica, dance, indie and soul. Further acts will be announced over the coming weeks but in the meantime, here are the details.

On Thursday 1st December, beach pop indie rockers The Drums (pictured) will launch proceedings with a show in The Village. The following night, Friday 2nd December, Aloe Blacc takes to the Olympia stage with his high energy brand of soul/pop. Then, on Saturday 3rd December, Wild Beasts play The Academy for a night of atmospheric indie vibes before SBTRKT caps off the mini winter festival in the intimate surrounds of the Workman’s Club later that same evening.

As ever, tickets for Heineken Green Spheres shows are absolutely free. Music fans can claim a ticket, for themselves plus a friend, to any of these gigs on this site from midday on 11th November. For more information on our new ticketing system click

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

With a memorable weekend in Galway and the upcoming Cork gigs from Glasvegas, Simian Mobile Disco and Erol Alkan, 2011 has been another superb year for Heineken Green Spheres shows and it is set to come to a huge climax with news of a three nighter in the capital. This December, the intergalactic music experience created by Heineken - becomes a mini winter festival offering some amazing music across four Dublin venues. Heineken has abducted some of the biggest names in music for the weekend to include The Drums, Aloe Blacc, Wild Beasts and SBTRKT covering genres as broad as electronica, dance, indie and soul. Further acts will be announced over the coming weeks but in the meantime, here are the details.

On Thursday 1st December, beach pop indie rockers The Drums (pictured) will launch proceedings with a show in The Village. The following night, Friday 2nd December, Aloe Blacc takes to the Olympia stage with his high energy brand of soul/pop. Then, on Saturday 3rd December, Wild Beasts play The Academy for a night of atmospheric indie vibes before SBTRKT caps off the mini winter festival in the intimate surrounds of the Workman’s Club later that same evening.

As ever, tickets for Heineken Green Spheres shows are absolutely free. Music fans can claim a ticket, for themselves plus a friend, to any of these gigs on this site from midday on 11th November. For more information on our new ticketing system click

any spare ticks you could email for me +1 please? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

apply on the website for the tickets

im not really that happy about this in a way, id rather but these tickets ,the drums are one of my favorite bands and and so is sbtrkt!!!! both mean alot to me if i dont get tickets i will be gutted

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im gonna try get tickets for Aloe Blacc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gatorade237

First come first served. Last time it was a lottery and you're sitting around waiting. Do feel bad for those working at midday who can't get anyone to do it for them. I'm off at 11 thankfully.
    Definitely going for Wild Beasts. Their Jools show with the Strokes was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm free all day on Friday so really hoping to get tickets for SBTRKT. Never been in Workman's before so I'm hoping it's a decent venue.

• Advertisement

not that good tbh pal but the people and the laugh they is what makes it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The site is not working. Can't register:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Agggh , register but it sending back to the home page :eek:

Blast it anyways! :(

i am fcuking snapping ,stupid fcuking site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Id registered earlier in the week and tried to login about 30 mins in advance and it was broken at that point. Claiming my password was wrong and not letting me reset it. These things are always a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Anyone else get as far as the select event location page and then it crashed?

Also couldnt click on either location. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Their site is a joke, got as far as the option to select a city and wasn't able to choose from the two cites.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

pretty sure the site is down, can't access it at all. goddamit :mad: I want wild beasts tickets!

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

The site is not working. Can't register:mad:

A bit of a jokefest for sure - can't log on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 themoocher

same here, got as far as selecting the city which i couldnt click, tried refreshing and haven't got anywhere since, server seems to have crashed, what do we do now?? keep refreshing i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

RonanC wrote: »
    Their site is a joke, got as far as the option to select a city and wasn't able to choose from the two cites.

There isn't even a Cork gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

cant get a look in grrr what will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Had to keep hitting Try Again forever, but eventually I got my tickets for the Drums. Sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Yeah im f5'd out of it too.

• Advertisement

Heineken should have been prepared for this.

Why not issue the tickets for the gigs seperately rather than have so much traffic
    at one specific time? It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gemi

Did anyone get tickets or a confirmation of them?

Same deal got to location page and couldn't choose one.

Couldn't log in on the mobile site all week either, kept saying it was incorrect login details....but they worked fine on PC.

RonanC wrote: »

When I got to there it just had pictures of each act, no city list. Just clicked who I wanted..it would time out and just had to keep clicking try again.

maximoose wrote: »
    Had to keep hitting Try Again forever, but eventually I got my tickets for the Drums. Sweet :)

I don't believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 themoocher

its a joke, dont see why they couldnt stagger the gigs to reduce traffic, really wanna see the drums!! anyone a number so we can crash their phones too!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Absolutely sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cgxx

I got tickets for The Drums about 5 mins ago, although the jpg of my code wont show up but I have a number. The site seems to have died since then. Keep trying guys, good luck!

panama wrote: »
    I don't believe you.

:D

cgxx wrote: »
    I got tickets for The Drums about 5 mins ago, although the jpg of my code wont show up but I have a number. The site seems to have died since then. Keep trying guys, good luck!

They must be working on it, site is just displaying the text now, barely, for me.

I reckon it'll be 1pm before people can access it again even at this rate.

Bad times :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Was just able to get back into the select a city page and can't get any further. It won't let me click on Dublin.

Advertisement