Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Prime wins by punting the Hulk into another time zone. By the time Hulk finds his way back he has calmed down and reverted to Bruce banner who Prime accidentally runs down on his way to intercepting a Decepticon plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Pretty sure Optimus Prime has this one in the bag. I mean, he pretty much saves the day single handed every time and I've always thought Hulk was a bit rubbish tbh...

Optimus ftw!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

*ahem*

Yeah, Optimus FTW. Better soundtrack for a start :pac:

3-0 to Prime. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

The Hulk is the mudafunkin' WORLD BREAKER!

The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets... Optimus ain't got **** that'll put him down.

Ironman and the crew sent him to the other side of the galaxy and he STILL came back and beat the crap out of the lot of them! He even took out the sorcerer supreme... he's got brains and unparalled power.

Just going to smash Prime's chest open, rip out his glow ball and then tear him apart.

World War Hulk, case and point, he beat the whole damn Marvel Universe like. Zappa zap zap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

HULK!

Nothing Optimus throws at Hulk will hurt him in the slightest, he can run him over, shoot him with his lasers or whack him with him his axe but none of this would even scratch Hulk.

For all his awesomeness Optimus is still only a machine and Hulk will simply do what he does best, HULK SMASH!

Maguined wrote: »
    HULK SMASH!

I concur,

HULK SMASH!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

HULK!

3-3 :D

What a comeback.

• Advertisement

Gotta go with Optimus Prime in this one.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na......... Leader!!!!

.... I meant Hulk :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

Gotta go with Optimus Prime in this one.

What reasoning do you give... you... you who has sore eyes... sore eyes for being so WRONG!

World_War_Hulk_Prologue_World_Breaker_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Each one of those bodies he's standing on could probably have taken Prime down...

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What reasoning do you give... you... you who has sore eyes... sore eyes for being so WRONG!

The Hulk is all balls and no ****.

Prime is strong, he's intelligent and he has weapons. Couple that with the ability to transform and you have a clear winner.

He's also effectively a leader of an army, he wouldn't be stupid enough to let that overgrown green gurrier get near him.

Reason enough for you?

Also, my eyes are not sore, they inflict soreness on other eyes.

The Hulk is all balls and no ****.

Prime is strong, he's intelligent and he has weapons. Couple that with the ability to transform and you have a clear winner.

He's also effectively a leader of an army, he wouldn't be stupid enough to let that overgrown green gurrier get near him.

Reason enough for you?

Also, my eyes are not sore, they inflict soreness on other eyes.

All balls and no cock? Ridiculous statement! He's full on action.

Prime's weapons wouldn't kill The Hulk. Hulk is stronger. Hulk is also intelligent, he's a mudafunkin' doctor like.

transform? Pft, Hulk would rip the robot AND the truck apart!

Hulk is also a leader of an army, in fact he's the leader of a whole planet.

And how would Prime keep his distance? The Hulk could reach him in a jump and is much faster. Hell, the god damn Hulk can destroy the ground the auto-snot stands on!

All balls and no cock? Ridiculous statement! He's full on action. 

Prime's weapons wouldn't kill The Hulk. Hulk is stronger. Hulk is also intelligent, he's a mudafunkin' doctor like. 

transform? Pft, Hulk would rip the robot AND the truck apart! 

Hulk is also a leader of an army, in fact he's the leader of a whole planet. 

And how would Prime keep his distance? The Hulk could reach him in a jump and is much faster. Hell, the god damn Hulk can destroy the ground the auto-snot stands on!

Full on action with no reserve, he'd run into the simplest of traps that Prime would set for him.

Hulk is a Jekyll & Hyde redux. He doesn't command the intelligence or eloquence of Banner while in that guise, like say Henry McCoy does in his monstrous state.

There should be serious questions raised if an abomination like The Hulk is leading an army. He's akin to the Godzilla of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the 70's. Point at the problem, listen to him grunt his acquiescence and then watch him thunder on down to it without tact or guile to 'smash' it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was given a mini sidekick, possibly a nephew, like Godzuki; a little Hulkini to provide juxtaposing comic relief for this dotard.

Full on action with no reserve, he'd run into the simplest of traps that Prime would set for him.

Hulk is a Jekyll & Hyde redux. He doesn't command the intelligence or eloquence of Banner while in that guise, like say Henry McCoy does in his monstrous state.

There should be serious questions raised if an abomination like The Hulk is leading an army. He's akin to the Godzilla of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the 70's. Point at the problem, listen to him grunt his acquiescence and then watch him thunder on down to it without tact or guile to 'smash' it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was given a mini sidekick, possibly a nephew, like Godzuki; a little Hulkini to provide juxtaposing comic relief for this dotard.

Pft, um, maybe 10 or 16 years ago, or a savage Hulk spin-off, but long ago the two personalities were merged etc.

He's STRONGER than your prime;
    He's SMARTER than your prime;
    He's FASTER than your prime;
    He's got all sorts of Daft Punk over your chancer!

He's also near indestructible. All you'll do is make him MADDER!

Go educate yo'self before you hurt yo'self! :cool:

And even to follow your stream...
    he'd run into the simplest of traps that Prime would set for him. AND RIP THEM APART!

Pft, um, maybe 10 or 16 years ago, or a savage Hulk spin-off, but long ago the two personalities were merged etc. 

He's STRONGER than your prime;
    He's SMARTER than your prime;
    He's FASTER than your prime;
    He's got all sorts of Daft Punk over your chancer!

He's also near indestructible. All you'll do is make him MADDER!

Go educate yo'self before you hurt yo'self! :cool:

I'm not sure I've seen anyone else take such a grilling for their choice on here before.

I do apologise, I wasn't aware we were taking in account every single temporal incarnation of The Hulk.

Should Optimus Prime suffer for Hasbro et al's lack of foresight to not have him cross over with the Watchmen universe and undergo the same accident which created Dr. Manhatten. For shame.

The championing of The Hulk over Optimus Prime smacks of old adage that a 'cooler' person will choose The Batman over Superman...just my opinion.

Now, my good man, I don't know what you are trying to achieve by sneering at my choice. The die has been cast and the choice made. I'm not sure the rules allow for a change of mind, and even if it were I wouldn't be making any amendments.

We do seem to be clogging up proceedings with this idle chat, if you would like to take this offline I would be more than happy to entertain your spurious accusations.

Good day to you, sir.

• Advertisement

The championing of The Hulk over Optimus Prime smacks of old adage that a 'cooler' person will choose The Batman over Superman...just my opinion.

Now, my good man, I don't know what you are trying to achieve by sneering at my choice. The die has been cast and the choice made. I'm not sure the rules allow for a change of mind, and even if it were I wouldn't be making any amendments.

We do seem to be clogging up proceedings with this idle chat, if you would like to take this offline I would be more than happy to entertain your spurious accusations.

Pft, Optimus Prime is the Batman in this situation. You're the cooler wanker, ya wanker. :pac:

It's ok, this isn't actually a tournament thread, so we can discuss all we like. ALL WE LIKE. :D

Debating points is what this stuff is all about. ALL ABOUT. Someday my dear anonymous, I shall lend you World War Hulk and you will marvel at his powaaaaah!

Actually, do ya wanna come over for a comic reading party? Or maybe a came of Pro Evo ?

Pft, Optimus Prime is the Batman in this situation. You're the cooler wanker, ya wanker. :pac:

It's ok, this isn't actually a tournament thread, so we can discuss all we like. ALL WE LIKE. :D

Debating points is what this stuff is all about. ALL ABOUT. Someday my dear anonymous, I shall lend you World War Hulk and you will marvel at his powaaaaah!

Actually, do ya wanna come over for a comic reading party? Or maybe a came of Pro Evo ?

I have always hated you.

So it's a tie, we'll come back to this battle. Next one coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

As much as I love the crow with it being in one of my very favourite movies I have to give this one to Dracula. Even though Eric Draven is nigh on invincible he would just not have the power needed to take down the prince of darkness, Dracula with his super strength and speed would easily be able to subdue Draven, he wouldn't need to kill him merely incapacitate him and then chain him up in the dungeon of his massive castle to use him as rejuvenating fountain of snack treats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dracula has great press true. However, his weaknesses are also widely known. Even by necessity this engagement would happen at night I feel that the the Draven's ability to absorb fatal attack after fatal attack would be a surprise for the Lord of Vampires culminating in his defeat.

Crow ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Couldn't you kill The Crow by just killing his crow? Dracula would win anyway. He's more intimidating, more powerful, more experienced and more devious.

I'll give this to Drac too. Dracula has more than just his physical advantages, generally he's also seen to have quite the perception boost and some mystical skills. I reckon he'd have the bond between Bruce Lee Jnr and the bird well sussed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dracula has got this I think.

Power wise they're similar but I think Drac would have a better control of the dark forces.

Also, tournament for the win

• Advertisement

4-1 to Drac, seem to be low on participants but we'll keep trucking. :pac:

Advertisement