Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Info about the winter expansion

Options
  • 21-10-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=219333#post219333

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?4171-Devpost-Information-About-The-Winter-Expansion

CCp noticed everyone unsubbing.... check out the crowd-pleaser expansion.
    Let me give you guys a little more information on what is coming. Starting next week we will be producing a series of 'In Development' video blogs which will look at what the various teams are planning for Winter 2011. I want to stress that these videos will not contain release dates as we are aiming to provide a lot of stuff and do not want to commit to a date we cannot keep. These will include:

Engine trails - Yes, that's right we are adding engine trails to EVE and we will show the work in progress so far.

New ships - Recently we featured a shot of the Tornado, the Deviant Art contest winner, on the EVE Facebook page. We were not happy with just giving out one ship so we will be showcasing all four new ships.

New nebulae - These new background sin the EVE universe are stunningly beautiful and will add to the immersion and feeling of being in deep space.

Team BFF - This team should be Best Features Fullstop and CCP Soundwave will give an overview of what his team has in store. Capital ship balancing, balancing hybrids, assault ships bonuses and much more will be added during winter.

Customer Relations - The Lead GM's will talk about changes to how petitions are handled, more options for Stuck petitions and how we aim to deal with your issues as fast as possible.

We are not just going to stop there. We will bring you more video blogs about what is in development for EVE Online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

It'll all be underwhelming as usual no doubt though, I hear the 'new' cyno effect is still terrible, also they fired 20% of their staff in a lulzy move

edit: the new battlecruisers will be able to fit battleship size guns *ponders*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

The new log off mechanic, time dilation and ship spinning .... why couldn't ccp have had all these years ago (ship spinning I realize was there).

What's the new log off mechanic?

Gneez wrote: »
    What's the new log off mechanic?

If you are aggro'ed and you log, any additional aggression resets your 15 minute timer continuously. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Gneez wrote: »
    It'll all be underwhelming as usual no doubt though, I hear the 'new' cyno effect is still terrible, also they fired 20% of their staff in a lulzy move

edit: the new battlecruisers will be able to fit battleship size guns *ponders*

bitch-y-u-so-bitter.jpg

Most of the changes comeing are good the 120 people where mostly from world of sparkle vampires mmo so who cares the new battlecruisers sound fun and arent 1 billion isk ships no one will really use all in all a decent start

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    Most of the changes comeing are good the 120 people where mostly from world of sparkle vampires mmo so who cares the new battlecruisers sound fun and arent 1 billion isk ships no one will really use all in all a decent start

You know they're gonna bollox it all up somehow they always do you should know better than to have faith in CCP and their promises they always go back on them or half deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I would have preferred the new ship to be the original BS that pattern clarc designed.

Edit: Although this new ship has the potential to give fleets lots of cheap alpha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Reddit got onto the internal CCP test server or something, I don't know. Anyway, there's a massive amount of info on changes here: http://pastebin.com/TkY3rY6q

Seems too good to be true, though.

Reddit got onto the internal CCP test server or something, I don't know. Anyway, there's a massive amount of info on changes here: http://pastebin.com/TkY3rY6q

Seems too good to be true, though.

CCP said all the changes are subject to change this was just the initial test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

jesus thats an extensive list the blaster changes in power grid use are promiseing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Qo8yE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I know nothing is set in stone but it's still a good barometer of where they are going with this patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

I think its a terrible shame that its taken all thats happened to prompt actual positive moves on ccp's part.

Some of them are still not far enough but its certainly a good start to make things interesting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

So has anyone tried out the new tier 3 BCs yet? ^_^

azezil wrote: »
    So has anyone tried out the new tier 3 BCs yet? ^_^

SE had a fleet of 70 Tornadoes tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lulz, I was just waiting for a couple of skills to finish training which should finish shortly then I'll fit mine tonight. I bought 1 of each ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Has anyone tried out hybrids since the change?

Advertisement