Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1333mhz ram with 1066 motherboard???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

If you look down the page under details here - http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M-P26.html#/?div=Basic
    You can see the board can run 1333mhz once the memory is overclocked.

Although on the memory list it shows no 1333MHz that works 100% so you could be taking a chance.

For a little more you could switch to a modern AMD build aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Yeah thanks Dan, I saw that afterwards.
    looks like it's the way to go. I'm just a little apprehensive about the micro atx boards overclocking potential.
    I had the q6600 running comfortably on 3.2 ghz on my GA-965p-s3 board.
    If I can get the the ram and motherboard for under 100 delivered I might be able to get rid of my DDR2 dimms on Adverts before they become utterly worthless.
    this way it feels like an upgrade rather than a complete f*** up
    (which is what it is really - I killed my motherboard by wiring my usb's incorrectly:mad:)

thanks for the reply man.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Crink, how much memory would you be looking to sell?

Hi Toff, I have

1 x 2gb ddr2 800mhz Crucial Ballistix
    2 x 1gb ddr2 800mhz OCZ

I'm not at home right now so I can't be more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Hi Toff, I have

1 x 2gb ddr2 800mhz Crucial Ballistix
    2 x 1gb ddr2 800mhz OCZ

I'm not at home right now so I can't be more specific.

Hey there crink, I could be interested in the 1x2Gb. Could you give me specs when you get home? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

As would I! I've 2 sticks of ddr2 800 2 gig at the moment. I'd like to make it 6.

Hello again there dudes , I just thought I'd link to my ad in case anyone is still interested in that ram.

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/crucial-ddr2-ballistix-pc6400-2048mb-cl4/1065633

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

CrinkElite wrote: »
    Hello again there dudes , I just thought I'd link to my ad in case anyone is still interested in that ram.

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/crucial-ddr2-ballistix-pc6400-2048mb-cl4/1065633

I've actually had that ad on my watchlist since you posted it. It's just that I don't think we're going to find a way in which to meet up. I really am not interested in postage at all due to a bad experience. :(

I'm in galway and sometimes the midlands. I don't know if that helps but in any case I would only send by registered post. this would cost around a fiver but I could cover that if you offered the asking.
    You can take a look at my feedback if that help to allay any fears.

(by the way we should probably only discuss this on the adverts.ie site)

Advertisement