Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADVICE ON SUPPLIERS

Options
  • 21-10-2011 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey guys first off this is my 5 or 6th thread so far and in every one Iv received really advice so thank you Boards....

Any way down to business my brother and I have set up a pet grooming parlour and pet shop and business is good, particularly the grooming side,but I find that our irish pet accessories supplier based in Dublin is really expensive,so iv started to look else where mainly on www.alibaba.com, but they are mainly china india and states suppliers which I would have to spend alot on vat and import duties so my question is can anyone recommend me a good supplier who dosent try and rip you off:mad:.

If I buy product from UK do I pay extra to import??? not sure about the uk.:confused:

Any help I would really appreciate it.:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Conmc88 wrote: »
    Hey guys first off this is my 5 or 6th thread so far and in every one Iv received really advice so thank you Boards....

Any way down to business my brother and I have set up a pet grooming parlour and pet shop and business is good, particularly the grooming side,but I find that our irish pet accessories supplier based in Dublin is really expensive,so iv started to look else where mainly on www.alibaba.com, but they are mainly china india and states suppliers which I would have to spend alot on vat and import duties so my question is can anyone recommend me a good supplier who dosent try and rip you off:mad:.

If I buy product from UK do I pay extra to import??? not sure about the uk.:confused:

I don't know any suppliers in the area you have identified but can help you in terms of your question from buying in the UK:
    1. You do not pay customs or excise duty from the UK
    2. If you are registered for VAT here, the UK supplier, once legit, should not charge you VAT, this is down to a double taxation agreement between Ireland and the UK.
    Are you looking to import big quantities if so I may be able to source a supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

well we are comming to end of month so i will be bulk ordering for november...pm me with recommendations please

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Conmc88 wrote: »

You only VAT on goods imported from non-EU countries. Have a good read of this: http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/businesses/importing/index.html

In terms of suppliers I wouldn't know much about that. But the UK could be your best bet

Advertisement