Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to pick up Arkham City?

Options
  • 21-10-2011 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get the best price for Arkham City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HMV was the cheapest I've seen so far, 45.99 Sorry just checked my receipt , it is actually 42.99 , they told me last week it was 45.99 and I'd put a €3 deposit down , but it was 42.99 before they took the deposit off , so 12.99 cheaper than gamestop :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

wait two weeks and check gamestop pre-owned

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I wouldn't get this pre-owned tbh you miss out on the DLC, if it's anything like the last one it'll be under 20 new by christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

There is no way this will be less than €20 new before Xmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

mayordenis wrote: »
    I wouldn't get this pre-owned tbh you miss out on the DLC, if it's anything like the last one it'll be under 20 new by christmas.

whats DLC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

PaddyCar wrote: »
    whats DLC?

Downloadable content.

49.99 in Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

mayordenis wrote: »

The last one came out in August, so there's a couple of months in the difference. It was a bit of a sleeper hit too. This won't be dropping in price as quickly I'd imagine, not before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

If you don't mind ordering online then..

the cheapest place currently is simplegames. http://www.simplygames.com/info/18994

Ebay is good as well, I've had no problem with the ordering stuff from hong kong but delivery is usually just over a week. 38 including delivery http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Games-/139973/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2472&rt=nc&_nkw=batman+arkham+city&_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

Alot of games are dropping in price quickly recently. Dues ex is a good example, can be got for under 25 new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

was €42.99 or €41.99 in HMV Henry Street earlier anyway...got football manager instead though

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

h'apparently xtravision have quite a few copies "preowned", eevn though its only out today, for 40 quid, they're new but just overstocked so being sold at less, take that with a pinch of salt though, but worth checking if theres one near you

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    h'apparently xtravision have quite a few copies "preowned", eevn though its only out today, for 40 quid, they're new but just overstocked so being sold at less, take that with a pinch of salt though, but worth checking if theres one near you

I don't think they would be allowed to do that, as all the money from preowned goes to the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

43 euros in HMV.

Xtravision is 50 and Gamestop/GAME is 55. Fuckin' hell!

all new games include Catwoman DLC. MAKE SURE to download it before playing the game! I did that, went off great.
    krudler wrote: »

Make sure your copy has the CATWOMAN DLC! otherwise u'll have to buy it separately.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    43 euros in HMV.

Xtravision is 50 and Gamestop/GAME is 55. Fuckin' hell!

all new games include Catwoman DLC. MAKE SURE to download it before playing the game! I did that, went off great.

Make sure your copy has the CATWOMAN DLC! otherwise u'll have to buy it separately.

Someone posted earlier that xtra vision were leaving the catwoman dlc in the display boxes. I wonder if adverts users have been snatching them now they're being forced to sell them as used copies as customers were wondering where the dlc was in their new copy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Howdy, long time reader, first time poster!

HMV certainly look the cheapest for this, but i noticed it was on a "game of the week" type thing, so it might go up in price?

I felt compelled to sign up to the forum to say "holy broken bank Batman!" to Gamestop's price. I usually go to my local one as the folks working there are a friendly bunch (and i appreciate that anything they promote at the till/pricing comes from the bigwigs - they're only doing it to keep them happy and earn a crust) but there's no way i could justify a purchase with HMV selling it for a full 12 quid less! :O

I hope it's some sort of weird experiment to see if they can get away with higher pricing, but i'm certainly not gonna be shopping there again with those kind of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Howdy, long time reader, first time poster!

Welcome to Boards.

Strange, considering the Gamestop price for Battlefield 3 is almost half the price of the EA/Origin price!

Lucutus wrote: »
    Welcome to Boards.

Strange, considering the Gamestop price for Battlefield 3 is almost half the price of the EA/Origin price!

Well i'd imagine that most bricks'n'mortar stores don't really sell many PC titles, compared to digital distribution anyway and that console folk would make up the bulk of their punters.

I'm gonna keep an eye on Uncharted 3, Gamestop seem to have been the most expensive on the last few big titles (Gears 3, Fifa, Arkham City), and i was just shocked to see the game retailing for that price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RyanLoftus

I picked it up in GameStop today it was much more expensive than other places but i had a pre-order there for a long while but in the end i had to only pay 12 something which is still pissing me off.

RyanLoftus wrote: »
    I picked it up in GameStop today it was much more expensive than other places but i had a pre-order there for a long while but in the end i had to only pay 12 something which is still pissing me off.

go back to the shop, complain about the price difference, ask why irelands leading games store cant match the price of its competitors and say you dont think you will be pre ordering from there again or that you will be sure to shop around for lower prices before buying

make sure not to say it in an angry way :)

spix wrote: »
    go back to the shop, complain about the price difference, ask why and say you dont think you will be pre ordering from there again or that you will buy your games elsewhere in the future. then they give you some money back :)

Do ya reckon? I'd imagine the prices are set by a central office, and not at a local level. I'd say the folks behind the counter are just following orders and would have a tonne of red tape to go through to give a (rightly!) disgruntled customer some wonga back. Suppose it's worth a shot though.

Thankfully i didn't preorder and shopped around :D

Could you not cancel the preorder on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 RyanLoftus

Could you not cancel the preorder on the day?

I could have but ive been going to GameStop since it opened where I live so im a loyal customer I really dislike the price increase i hope its just a trail.

I could have but ive been going to GameStop since it opened where I live so im a loyal customer I really dislike the price increase i hope its just a trail.

If you go in and complain, they'll know that some people are copping on to the price increase and if they dont lower it then they'll loose customers.

If you go in and complain, they'll know that some people are copping on to the price increase and if they dont lower it then they'll loose customers.

Bang on the money.

I wonder does anybody from Gamestop read on here? (someone in position of authority).

As i said, if Uncharted 3 is clocking in at the same price i'm surely not gonna be shopping there. I've a mate looking to buy Arkham City over the weekend; i've already told him not to go near Gamestop, so that's 2 sales they've lost on that title already.

They need to understand we're still in the midst of a recession, raising the price of luxury items such as games doesn't sit very well with peolpe :(

Bang on the money.

I wonder does anybody from Gamestop read on here? (someone in position of authority).

As i said, if Uncharted 3 is clocking in at the same price i'm surely not gonna be shopping there. I've a mate looking to buy Arkham City over the weekend; i've already told him not to go near Gamestop, so that's 2 sales they've lost on that title already.

They need to understand we're still in the midst of a recession, raising the price of luxury items such as games doesn't sit very well with peolpe :(

Theres definitely gamestop spy's lurking around the boards.ie game forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056253758

Theres definitely gamestop spy's lurking around the boards.ie game forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056253758

Hmm, interesting indeed!

Well if there is someone from the company having a look at this forum do take heed - that extra fiver on the price tag is costing you sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I ordered it off TheHut.com after someone posted in the playstation section about a deal were you get batman begins and the dark knight with it on bluray for 50 euro. Couldnt pass up that offer. Just got a email there saying its going to take 10 to 15 days for delivery. balls:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

You may laugh at this but the day any game comes out its 40 euro in tesco. I havent payed more than that for agame a on the day it came out since i found this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You may laugh at this but the day any game comes out its 40 euro in tesco. I havent payed more than that for agame a on the day it came out since i found this out

Batman was 55 in my local tesco, I've seen some games cheaper on launch but certainly not all of them.

Tesco do not set the prices for the games themselves as far as I know it's a 3rd party company that stocks and maintains the game and dvd sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

More as an fyi, Harvey Norman, in carrickmines anyway, have the Ps3 version for €59.99 and smyths have it at €49.99.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,332 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you already own Arkham Asylum on steam, they will sell it to you for 20% off. So what's that, 40 euro to you?

Advertisement