Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating Toys Dublin 15

Options
  • 21-10-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anywhere where we could donate toys the are clean and in excellent condition?? We have far too many toys that our daughter doesnt play with anymore that need to go to a good home!

Thanks,

Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Does anybody know anywhere where we could donate toys the are clean and in excellent condition?? We have far too many toys that our daughter doesnt play with anymore that need to go to a good home!

Thanks,

Caroline

For the best possible home?? give to Vincent De Paul!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks,
    I just searched them there and there's one on main St. Blanchardstown so that's perfect. I'll pop in tomorrow.

Thanks again

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Thanks,
    I just searched them there and there's one on main St. Blanchardstown so that's perfect. I'll pop in tomorrow.

Thanks again

Your welcome and fair play for doing that because allot of people simply discard toys. Christmas is coming and no doubt they will come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Worth noting that SVdP take donations of pretty much anything (except electrical items) once they're in good condition. I dropped in a few nice household items (vases etc.) to the Blanch shop recently and they were happy to receive them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Yes, I often donate to the SVdP shop on the Main Street, they are always grateful and they do seem to use much of what is given.

• Advertisement

Godge wrote: »
    Yes, I often donate to the SVdP shop on the Main Street, they are always grateful and they do seem to use much of what is given.

Breaking news: Godge and I think alike :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Vincents- Also a good place to buy birthday cards and cards for other occasions. Parking is the only problem.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's parking across the road through the archway (behind Browne's restaurant). It's pay and display up to 5pm (I think) and free at the weekends.

sorry me again- I still havn't made it down with the toys (husbands working hours and my lack of driving) but we'll get down asap!

Just wondering do they also take furniture? We have a kitchen table that's too big for our little kitchen, it was left when we bought the house, but we need to get something smaller. I couldnt find info on the website re furniture.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd give them a call first to find out, because I'm not sure if they'd have space to store furniture in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Oxfam have a new shop just off Parnell street and will take furniture if the local shops wont take it.
    for anyone who hasnt seen this shop, well worth a look if you're buying furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's also a charity shop in Mulhuddart Village... think it's called Aware...

Thanks for the replies. I rang the St.Vincents shop and the biggest they'll take is coffee tables but the lady gave me a number for Gorta and Oxfam instead. I rang Oxfam in Dublin 8 and they said they take large furniture so i'll try and drop it into them somehow!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

You could donate them to Barnardos on church road, Mulhuddart. they have a lovely facility there, with a preschool and a Parent and toddler group and they always welcome donations of food, clothes and toys. They work with many needy families in the area

Advertisement