Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,941 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I wouldn't leave it completely to movers. I think a lot of folks assume arcade cabs are hardy things and can be bashed around because they're made for public places. Not my ones! :D

I've been in touch with Vantasks.ie. They've the option of either a van or a truck with a tail lift. Thinking of going with the tail lift.

So it'll just be a matter of lifting each cab onto a dolly, wheeling it to the lift and on it goes with not too much fiddling about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Spent the evening looking at Tron cabs. Is there anything more awesome ?, no would be the answer.
    So if/when I do get a full size cab, this is the one for me. Certainly not cheap though, over $600 just for the artwork kit alone to build a replica. So if anyone has a spare lying around let me know :)

Oh, the game isn't bad either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sweet cab :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

This is bit that puts me off - "I'm taking offers of or over £1400" :(

Gonna have to sell a whole lot of superguns to pay for that badboy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone ever get a monitor chassis serviced? What's involved, what sort of stuff gets checked etc?

Will be stripping the cab down over the coming months so think ill get the chassis serviced while in that state.

Master of the Universe

'Grantspain' over on AO seems to be the main to go with from what I've been told.

He'll do a complete service on it for around €100 I think it was?

What you doing with the cab?
    I wouldnt get it serviced unless it was acting the maggot.

urbanledge wrote: »
    What you doing with the cab?
    I wouldnt get it serviced unless it was acting the maggot.

It's the Wei Ya chassis which is known to be poor enough especially with regard to solder. The screen wobbles from time to time when making adjustments on the remote board plus id like to get the side compression looked at.

You going to paint it or just freshen it up?
    Might be worth replacing the remote pots or re-flowing the solder joints.

• Advertisement

You going to paint it or just freshen it up?
    Might be worth replacing the remote pots or re-flowing the solder joints.

Full respray all going well!

nice!
    I'll be following that!
    would love to get the blast city done.
    The front was "flash sprayed" according to Jeff.
    By flash he meant,no prep and not a single **** given !
    its not too bad tho,just not perfect.

Yeah. In the planning stages at the moment and will kick it off once the weather picks up.

Have a body shop lined up to do the respray. And an auto parts store to do the colour match.

Also intend to get the chassis serviced. After that it will be just a clean up and tidy.

Think those blasts come from japan/Hong Kong already sprayed. Dont think Jeff does it himself.
    speaking of Jeff it appears he has dropped off the face of the earth. Numerous dudes over on J+ are unable to make contact. Some due refunds!

i Heard that.
    apparently hes working for someone else.
    Tell the body shop guy if he does a good job he might have some more coming his way!
    The only thing Id be worried about is painting the CP holder with the same paint as the metal.
    I dont think they were ever pained.
    The white is pigment in the plastic or something.

Rightly or wrongly I'm not unduly worried about the cp. When I look closely at the cab the various surfaces are all slightly different shates of white. The metsl body, plastic cp and the fibre glass esque hood.

I've seen plenty of cab resprays on the forums and the cp turns out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I don't know where else to ask, but what arcades in town have some fighting games ? KOF\CVS2 would be lovely but me and a few mates have nothing to do during the week and we want to head in and bash some buttons.

nowhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

couple of tekkens in quirkys with poker machine buttons in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

safetyboy wrote: »
    couple of tekkens in quirkys with poker machine buttons in them!

that all Dublin has left ? haha.
    I remember playing metal slug in donegal years ago :(

Most of its in our houses now ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Most of its in our houses now ;-)

haha too true!!!
    We like are the Dogs home, we have given poor unloved cabs a good home :)

Master of the Universe

Looks like I'm going to have to lift two cabs up a stairs on Wednesday. God help me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ohhhh are ya getting new goods in or just moving ye old beloved cabs to a new home??
    I dread the day I have to move mine but it is fast approaching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to have to lift two cabs up a stairs on Wednesday. God help me! :eek:

All you need is a good looking lass or two to be watching you and you'll find hulk-like macho powered strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »

d0mm.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Good god, Just came across this.
    How to spectacularly F**k up a cab.
    This lad likes to "hardwire" wires and bolt a KI control panel onto the cab all in the name of science.
    Blazing boot up speed with his P4, kick ass monitor and a pedestal that is oulfella made..too funny.
    He also seems like he's gonna have a heart attack when he moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    All you need is a good looking lass or two to be watching you and you'll find hulk-like macho powered strength!

O1simania is running wild!

Master of the Universe

Ohhhh are ya getting new goods in or just moving ye old beloved cabs to a new home??
    I dread the day I have to move mine but it is fast approaching.

Moving them to a new house. Was originally going to put them in the kitchen, but I've decided instead to use the front box room as a games room.

I'm thinking two cabs on one wall, couple of shelves of games on the other. Really excited about getting it set up, just dreading the cabs going up the stairs. :eek:

Might be a good idea to have SteveThe Egret Lifter_SI on speed dial just in case :pac:

If I was moving mine the monitors would be going up first!
    I'd also wait and get help!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Thankfully the monitors in mine are far lighter than your 29 inch monsters! :) If I had to move anything with a 29 inch monitor up a stairs they'd definitely be disassembled. I'm even dreading lifting that 29 inch Trini CRT up.

You could easily lift one of these monitors without breaking a sweat. Good comparison is that Hantarex one you picked up from myself a while back. So they'll be going up in cabs.

The Pony is only 78kg, the SNK Candy is a bit heavier at 90kg. But sure look at this scrawny lad lifting 90kg, I think we'll be grand :D

Advertisement