Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah 90kg....not a bother to you! Have a power sauce bar before you do it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, we're all here to point and laugh if required

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone ever get stuff sent over from Japan?

Is it liable to get stung by customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If it comes though the postal/packages services it always liable to get snagged by customs.

Better question if its 2nd hand stuff - how does customs deal with 2nd hand games, consoles, PCBs ? The same as new stuff, using the customs declaration valuations should it go beyond the threshold and then hitting you with VAT/Duty on the value+shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah it could get through no problem and then you could get stung. Its really hit or miss.

Getting stuff sent here is a bit of a joke. An post putting on their "fees" so that the receiver has to pay as well. Its not vat or customs, just their fee. Some pile of bullshot

• Advertisement

Few arcade spare parts. All new. DHL are down as the deliverer but that could up as AN Post by the time it gets to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yeah it could get through no problem and then you could get stung. Its really hit or miss.

Getting stuff sent here is a bit of a joke. An post putting on their "fees" so that the receiver has to pay as well. Its not vat or customs, just their fee. Some pile of bullshot

Ah yea, like I think its Fedex (or is it AnPost) who charge 15euro to handle a package to/from customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

o1s1n wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to have to lift two cabs up a stairs on Wednesday. God help me! :eek:

Stop me too o1s1n, I spent whole weekend moving stuff around
    After 2 years I finally got the balls to move 2 naomis upstairs, 29 inch monitors were fine.
    Plus Gun Cab was in half for last year and being wasted.
    Got them back together at midnight and had time for few games and beers :)

Inspiration for the move, was to reclaim my downstairs and ive a 3rd on route later this week,
    3 Naomis together should look sweet, I wanted get a Candy next
    but the 3rd Naomi was for sale 15 mins from my house so gave in and bought it off adverts.
    I guess a proper Candy from Ronnie cab wait a little while :(

From Kitchen to Upstairs Spare Room
    Naomis+Move+1.JPG20140224_011936.jpg

20140224_012027.jpg20140224_012233.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,941 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your setup looks really amazing, fair play! :)

Just prepped my two for the move. Took ages to wrap them up. Taking no chances after the last time! :eek:

2014-02-25220359_zps6847bc60.jpg

2014-02-25220416_zpsf6f863df.jpg

I think you should put 2nd coat of bubble wrap :) Must taken ages !!! :)
    Good luck with the move, your cabs are proper 100% good nick so mind them.

I got spare Naomi legs, my buddy going to chopped them for me this weekend.
    Might get my Naomi resprayed while at it as was wreck I saved and 3rd Naomi arriving next Sunday, Whoop!!!

Next watch Otaku for Jamma Candy Cab or Outrun2\Initial D cab,
    Anyone in Ireland on here bar purplec ever get a proper racing cab?
    They seem to be extremely hard to come by on this side of the pond.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Together at last!

Absolutely chuffed. Turns out there was enough space in the dining room afterall.

Just a bit of work now to assemble to Pony marquee and get all the pcbs back in.

2014-02-27183606_zps7df4330d.jpg

3 would look even nicer

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    3 would look even nicer

There's a gap beside the Pony that looks just about big enough for another classic candy with a 25 inch monitor... Ah man, dont be giving me ideas!! Haha

Oh and meant to say, both tested and power up grand. The airlink step down powers them both simultaniously without issue. So I guess the electricity in the new gaff is putting out a bit higher.

Have to give a mention to the guys who moves it all -vantasks.ie. I've never seen someome so careful moving something on a dolly. Made the last guy who delivered them seem about as careful as a chimp.

Did they get any compliments/wtfs?

Master of the Universe

Did they get any compliments/wtfs?

The lady we bought the house from had to stop by yesterday to collect something.

For a split second you could see that 'what the hell have you put in my kitchen?!' look in her eye. Was hilarious :D

Master of the Universe

And here's the money shot :)

5 PCBs in the Pony now. Fixeight is tiny (first Toaplan PCB I've seen in the flesh) so was able to slot in without the need for an extension harness.

2014-02-28135740_zps56686536.jpg

2014-02-28135817_zpsd71f2a33.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gorgeous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh great and holy Raiden II, I am barely worthy to let rip with your toothpaste guided laser....

Stunning stuff they are two beautys. Theres def room for 3rd there.
    If tight then a cute haha

Great stuff Oisin. Both cabs look in awesome condition.

how's the geometry on both out of interest?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

kevin2me wrote: »
    Stunning stuff they are two beautys. Theres def room for 3rd there.
    If tight then a cute haha

As much as I'd like one, I don't think I could justify the €1750 price tag :eek:

A Status 25 would look gorgeous I think... fairly rare to come by though. I'd have a feeling they'd be pretty pricey too.
    Great stuff Oisin. Both cabs look in awesome condition.

how's the geometry on both out of interest?

The geometry on the Pony is perfect. I can't see any flaws with it at all. The colours and brightness from it are gorgeous too. It's like it's barely been used.

The SNK one is lovely but it has a couple of little niggles. I have it looking perfect, but when I first got it the top 1/4 of the monitor had a really harsh bend in it the whole way across the screen.

On the Alien versus Predator logo, the top half of the word 'Alien' was bending to the side.

I've adjusted it out so it doesn't affect most of my games. For some reason it still happens with Taito boards though :(

There's no remote board on the monitor so you can't really make adjustments on the fly from board to board.

I could live with that, but one thing which is annoying the hell out of me with it is the buzzing! I've been meaning to try Casey120's trick of sticking a lollypop stick in under the yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Plug in a Vectrex beside it, you'll never notice the buzzing again :)

buzzing is a head wrecker,
    have you tried poking the neckboard/yoke with a wooden spoon while its on?

I finally stuck the PS2 in the cabs yesterday.Need to make a fingerboard to get the controls working on the e2 but the picture is class.
    Played some dodonpachi in tate mode!had to use a controller but it plays lovely.

Anybody know if all ps2 shumps have tate options?
    Also played a bit of Saftyboys ESPgaluda.
    Gotta get more practice in so I can leave my mark in Japan ;)

By the way lads there a booty puzzle bobble on adverts.
    AFAIK this board will take the new "lost caves" version.

I was nearly going to get it but I have to keep my cash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anybody know if all ps2 shumps have tate options?

Any of the decent ones I've played all have tate options. DOJ, Ibara, Raiden III, Strikers 1945 I & II, Espgaluda, Gunbird Special Ed, Dragon Blaze.

Don't forget about PS1 vert shmups too seeing as you have the PS2 in there. Raiden DX is top of the pile, only way you'll play it outside of the PCB itself, outstanding game and a great port.

Nice one Andrew,
    Will deffo check them out later

Watch out though, some of the European releases have had Tate mode removed.
    Castle of Shikigami aka Mobile Light Force 2 for the PS2 had its Tate option hacked out, for no apparent reason whatsoever, couple that with the God awful cover art and it's all the reason you need to import the Jap edition.

Im actually going to try rearrange my dining room later to see can I fit the DK in.
    Should be interesting.I dont know what I'll do if I cant fit it in a decent way.
    I might have to move the naomi out to the garage where it would never be used.Or sell it :(
    I think they'll fit tho.
    My dining room has a patio door out to the back and double doors into the sitting room so 2 walls out of 3 are off limits.
    going to block one the siting rooms doors tho !

Master of the Universe

I got lucky and there's a wall in my house where your double doors are to the sitting room. Two cabs fit there nicely.

Rather annoyingly though, there's a rad on the wall where you have your cabs. So nothing will be going there!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Almost have the Pony fully tricked out now. 5 PCBs wired up and working. It's glorious :D

One thing I was worried about was the permanency of it all. The more tightly packed and complex the PCB setup, the less likely you'd be to change games in and out as it's so much hassle.

That's where the PCB holder comes in. It allows the same functionality of a cab that only had 1 PCB in it. You can replace the game in the holder within seconds.

Now the final task - fitting the last PCB in!

This PCB switcher is really handy for some other things too by the way.

You know when you want to play with dip settings, you've to switch on the dip, power the cab on, make the changes in the dip menu, power the cab off, turn the dip off and then power the cab on? That's a lot of monitoring powering on and off, especially if you've to go into the dip menu multiple times.

Well with the PCB changer board, the cab can stay on the whole time. You just have to select a different game and that'll power the PCB itself off. Then can switch back to the PCB after you've flicked the dip switch on/off.

Advertisement