Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

ment to say the have the new batman racer game in the whitewater in newbridge,
    crazy machine.
    didnt bother paying it tho as im not into racers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

urbanledge wrote: »
    ment to say the have the new batman racer game in the whitewater in newbridge,
    crazy machine.
    didnt bother paying it tho as im not into racers.

Read about that in Edge last month, looks impressive.

Its like a Christmas tree on E's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bangin' !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm often passing by. Have they got more than one arcade machine there?

• Advertisement

Yea they do. Time crisis 3, batman, guitar hero, a few other twin drivers. Possibly another twin shooter and a Naomi with Virtua striker. The Naomi is in a terrible spot. Sticking out onto a busy walkway.
    I wonder who owns them all.
    Big bucks for that batman I'd say.
    They have loads of cranes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I got new stack of boards for my touring car cab.
    I've been on the look at for them for a while as they are rare and usually cost a packet as its a stack of three and they are massive
    ARRRRRGHHHH saaaaame issue
    All voltages are good to PSU..
    Monitor comes on .and all light comes on board but one of them is red.

Thought it had to be board...Im gonna get another PSU..there is nothing left!!!!

on the bright side I now have two board stacks that cost 200+ a pop :)

I saw the Batman game in Blanch, in the little arcade by the cinema.
    It looks pretty nice, didn't have time to give it a shot.
    Aside from that its slim pickings there, there's Rambo from Sega but the 2p gun is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Touring Car must be incredibly unreliable or unpopular because I haven't seen it in the wild since the 90s and not on the internet much either. I'd love to try it again but I hear the Saturn version isn't great.

• Advertisement

The Saturn version I have and it's dreadful. I got it on release and tried to convince myself that it was decent but to no avail, it's awful.

Yeah its just the most unpopular..the other model 2 racers out do it by a long sot.
    Still a good game imo just not a patch on Sega rally / Daytona.
    The Saturn version is shocking...the controls are terrible

It has steering that varies depending on speed, sometimes it's like the rack and pinion is made of concrete sometimes it causes the car to swing wildly, over responsive, terrible terrible.
    Here it is, and look at the size of the timer onscreen!

Jaysus that is shocking.
    Why the hell am I trying to fix this..anyone want to buy a touring car cab!!!

Well, to be fair, that was the Saturn version.
    This is the god awful Arcade version!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Jaysus that is shocking.

Twin or single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jaysus that is shocking.

Turn it into a Mame Driver cab...

Twin or single?

Ahhh its a upright Mitch..not worth Shyt3!!!

Myrddin wrote: »
    Turn it into a Mame Driver cab...

Yeah looks like a good option now. I just wanted a dedicated cab.
    Emulators now support force feed back as well
    Thing is the Logitech wheel hack is not for me. I'm tooo cack handed, I'd have to get someone to do it for me....YOOOUUUU:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,938 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's those FrancoB voltmeters finally being put to use. (the blue glow from the harness)

They're pretty cool yolks. The blue looks great, it's extremely bright. Interesting seeing the different power draw each board takes as you switch between them with the multi board yolk.

2014-03-09191358_zps01014a9a.jpg

2014-03-09191415_zps6877c654.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I still have to install mine , lazy Ass that I am but I'm going to solder the meters straight to the female Jamma connector instead of using an extra adapter .

Once I get to it that is :p

Master of the Universe

Heh, yeah, tell me about it, I think I've had them in a box somewhere for about two months!

I thought they weren't going to fit. Both cabs also have a headphone jack. Thankfully once you chain them together thought they don't really take up that much space.

So it goes Jamma board > headphone jack > volt meter > jamma harness.

FrancoB now makes up a dual connector with both. Shame I didn't wait!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Casey: So you're going to de-solder the meter from the adapter and solder directly to the jamma harness? Why not just buy the meter's on their own rather than a FrancoB adapter? Or have I misunderstood. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @Casey: So you're going to de-solder the meter from the adapter and solder directly to the jamma harness? Why not just buy the meter's on their own rather than a FrancoB adapter? Or have I misunderstood. :)

I bought two loose meters some time ago from Ebay ;)

I bought a few loose ones too to make my own.
    Might have one or two spare.........
    When I get around to making them that is....... Ha ha ha
    (stuff hasn't been delivered yet either)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Finally moved noamis upstairs and doing them up, ill do gameroom thread soon.

Speaking of Genius that is Franco, I picked up Jaomi JVC -> Jamma Today.
    Took him Year to make final run of 10 more and I missed the cut.
    But managed to get one of Andy Geezer today from his first run.

I got JVS\Jamma Voltimeter off him, but these new ones Oisin are well cool.
    Also got Noami Power On\Off switch and Hamma -5 adapter for My Rastan PCB

IMG_20120709_110452.jpg

jaomi_large.jpg

Also New CP being done, waiting on some JLFs to arrive
    20140310_204440.jpg

Master of the Universe

Had a funny thing happen yesterday.

A mate was coming over to play some games so I had both cabs up and running with the attract screens (Vendetta and Raiden II)

My sister dropped by to see the place after we'd moved in fully and saw the cabs.

'Raiden II! Brilliant! we used to play that 2 player on your Playstation years ago all the time!'

'...what?'

'Yeah! watch!'

/Sister proceeds to sit down and 1cc stage 1 with ease.

Oisin's mam walks in.

'Oh cool! You're playing the cabs! Do you have Space Invaders?'

/Puts space invaders on.

/Mother proceeds to wipe out my high score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Video or it never happened!!!

Master of the Universe

:pac:

Sister may be back over this evening. I'll let her loose on Ibara just to see if it's a fluke or not :pac:

Was just reading through a capcom instruction manual (trying to figure out how to turn on 2 player in Mercs, think I finally have it) and came across this nugget of info for arcade operators.

Optimize your Profits.

Thorough Research shows that two and a half minute games both satisfy players and also keep the quarters flowing.

If games aren't running about two and a half minutes long, then collections probably aren't at their peak.

• Advertisement

The 5 hours that some of the lads in Kevin St used to sit on Bubble Bobble for a single credit probably undermines the earning potential of the cab somewhat.
    I can see them emptying the cash box at the end of the week and finding about £4.80 in it!

Advertisement